Admin Control Panel

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
chiapet

Admin Control Panel

Post by chiapet » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:55 pm

I upgraded from 3.05 to 3.06 and I can log in just fine as Admin but when I try to log in to the Admin control panel my browser just pops up page not found any help is appreciated

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Re: Admin Control Panel

Post by Pit$Bull » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:19 pm

Please fill out the Support Request Template Generator and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.

chiapet

Post by chiapet » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:25 pm

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.6
What is your board's URL? http://www.stlhobby.com
Who do you host your board with? ccihosting
How did you install your board? I used a tool provided by my host
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
What MODs do you have installed? Prime Links
What styles do you currently have installed? Etech
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? only admin
What password can be used to view this issue? No answer given
When did your problem begin? after upgrading from version 3.05 to 3.06
Please describe your problem. I can login as admin to the board but when I try to login to admin control panel my browser displays page not found
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 3396 $)

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member

Post by Pit$Bull » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:31 pm

I do find you cookie domain is not correct. You show
stlhobby.com
And should be
.stlhobby.com
Note the leading dot.

Although I have doubts this is causing the issue. I suspect it could be the redirect.

chiapet

Post by chiapet » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:33 pm

and how can I fix that or how can I get back into admin control panel the site registration is by admin only so no new members can join right now

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member

Post by Pit$Bull » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:37 pm

Do the same thing as noted here except use your site url and use the auto ccokie option
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p11235025

OR this will get you in to the admin panel.

In phpmyadmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP. Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_from, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_jabber, user_website, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@yourdomain.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');

chiapet

Post by chiapet » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:43 pm

I tried the first one and got this error

General Error
Language file: common.php missing!
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: admin@stlhobby.com

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member

Post by Pit$Bull » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:50 pm

Sounds like you had a incomplete download or upload.

chiapet

Post by chiapet » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:03 pm

I attempted to download and re upload the support tool kit and I still get the same error and I do not understand the other instructions what are my alternatives at this point I may never upgrade again as I was always told not to mess with something if it wasnt broke

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member

Post by Pit$Bull » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:14 pm

I experienced the same issue.
Again try the following, instructions for phpmyadmin in the provided link.
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/executi ... hpmyadmin/
In phpmyadmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP. Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_from, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_jabber, user_website, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@yourdomain.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');

chiapet

Post by chiapet » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:32 pm

just my luck.... NONE it does nothing first time then it gives me an error for a duplicate record but still will not let me in

I am at my wits end with this I have a backup of the database and a backup of the files. if I restore backup of database will I be able to get in or I am even willing to email or pm my host info so you can see everything

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member

Post by Pit$Bull » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:49 pm

Try uploading new files, you can reinstall that one MOD.
*NOTE: Before proceeding backup all files and the database.*
  • Upload all new files from a download of the full version, except for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
  • Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
  • Let that run and then delete the install folder.
  • You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts but without any MODs that you might have had installed.

chiapet

Post by chiapet » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:56 pm

I did the update to 3.06 and now I am screwed as I cannot get into the admin control panel and people cannot register it is a complete mess. I have tried the stk program and it failed. I have tried to insert admin1 and it failed. I have tried to overwrite the files and run database update and it failed. I have a copy of the original database how can I restore back to where it was before the update

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member

Post by Pit$Bull » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:15 pm

Pit$Bull wrote:Try uploading new files, you can reinstall that one MOD.
*NOTE: Before proceeding backup all files and the database.*
  • Upload all new files from a download of the full version, except for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
  • Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
  • Let that run and then delete the install folder.
  • You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts but without any MODs that you might have had installed.
Give this a try, You will not lose any users or post with this method.

chiapet

Post by chiapet » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:27 pm

I went back to original thread so everyone can see what I tried and that has already been tried and FAILED. hence why I asked How to go back to where I was before UPDATE. at this point I could care less about 3.06 and would like to get back to 3.05 where everything worked. I have a copy of Database and a backup of board from admin panel when I could see it. Can I replace all files with 3.05 and then restore database and log in to Admin panel and restore from last back up from admin panel. Could this have any thing to do with the etech style

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”