Update from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6: Notice/Warning

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
paysonsrt

Update from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6: Notice/Warning

Post by paysonsrt »

Just downloaded the update package of 3.0.6 loaded it onto my server and set all the permissions according to the install file.

When I click on 'Update my Database Now', I get these error... warning things.
Notice: Undefined index: LOG_DELETE_TOPIC in /home/surrealp/public_html/trcpc/language/en_us/common.php on line 877
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/surrealp/public_html/trcpc/language/en_us/common.php:877) in /home/surrealp/public_html/trcpc/install/database_update.php on line 171
I opened up those files... and I have no idea what they're supposed to look like on those lines. They look fine to me, but that's not saying much, at all. lol

Thanks for the help,
Jeremy
paysonsrt

Re: Update from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6: Notice/Warning

Post by paysonsrt »

And now I can't even access my forum... I tried changing the name on the install folder so I could at least access it... but when I did that... no idea what happened.
Common reasons for this error are:

* Incorrect file/directory permissions: Above 755. In order files to be processed by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or below 755. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.
* Incorrect Apache directives inside .htaccess file. Make sure you have not specified unsupported directives inside the local .htaccess file. Such include PHP settings and Apache module settings.
:?
TrZ

Post by TrZ »

This is why it is advised to do updates and mods on a test board first, making sure everything works fine.
then do the changes to your live board.

Maybe try restoring your backups and then try updating using a test board first.
paysonsrt

Post by paysonsrt »

I can't even get into my ACP anymore. lol And this isn't an actual/"official" board. But still...

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”