Full update of phpbb3.0.4 to 3.0.6 ?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Zaid

Full update of phpbb3.0.4 to 3.0.6 ?

Post by Zaid »

So I am having this issue..

I have a modded board BUT I dont want any of the Mods any more... I want a clear install with No traces of any mods what so ever in the database etc...

What I did was keep my config.php and on a new folder, I uploaded the latest version of phpbb(3.0.6) and update the database. So the database was updated and the files were all standard (unchanged) phpbb 3.0.6. But then I started to have problems navigating here and there in the ACP with the older mods that were installed.

So How do I drop every unimportant lines in the database when Updating and keep my members, posts, topics, groups and stats intact..you know..

I tried a lot of searching including following Bigdump hoping it can get rid of the mod sql entrys etc, but no luck(http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/transfe ... or-domain/)

I want a Complete clean installation of phpbb3 without any current mods and my entire forum members posts etc...

Can any one help me plez
Last edited by Pit$Bull on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Re: Full update of phpbb3.0.4 to 3.0.6 ?

Post by Pit$Bull »

*NOTE: Before proceeding backup all files and the database.*
  • Upload all new files from a download of the full version, except for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
  • Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
  • Let that run and then delete the install folder.
  • You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts but without any MODs that you might have had installed.
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

Pit$Bull wrote:*NOTE: Before proceeding backup all files and the database.*
  • Upload all new files from a download of the full version, except for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
  • Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
  • Let that run and then delete the install folder.
  • You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts but without any MODs that you might have had installed.
I did that, But most mod SQL's are all left on the database...... giving me errors. how do i get rid of the old mod's database quires?
manic2

Post by manic2 »

The support toolkit can, I believe, get rid of extra database entries

http://www.phpbb.com/support/stk/
Database Cleaner: Allows you to reset certain parts of your phpBB boards database to its original setup (removes all database modifications).
but extra db fields are unlikely to be your problem as extra (redundant) fields are just ignored if you return to a vanilla copy of phpBB as described by Pit$Bull.

Give some examples of the problems you are encountering.
manic
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

Well I can login to the ACP, but when I click stuff, eg. I Clicked .Mods I get the below error

Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_altt.php

I update the database with no problems (install/database_update.php)

Code: Select all

Updating database to latest stable release

Database type :: mysql4
Previous version :: 3.0.4
Updated version :: 3.0.6

Updating database schema

Progress :: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
Result :: No errors

Updating data

Progress :: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done

Updating version and optimising tables

Progress :: . . Done

Update completed
So what do I need to do? how do I get rid of the extra lines in the database? because when I am going to install some mods in the future I might get conflicts because of having the same SQL entrys..
manic2

Post by manic2 »

Zaid wrote:Well I can login to the ACP, but when I click stuff, eg. I Clicked .Mods I get the below error

(make a db backup first in case it all goes wrong)

Go to:-

ACP>System>Module Managements>Administration Control Panel

& delete the entries for the modules you no longer have.
manic
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

manic2 wrote:
Zaid wrote:Well I can login to the ACP, but when I click stuff, eg. I Clicked .Mods I get the below error

(make a db backup first in case it all goes wrong)

Go to:-

ACP>System>Module Managements>Administration Control Panel

& delete the entries for the modules you no longer have.
I got it working and no errors thanks to the stk... Thanks a lot..

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”