ACP_FEED_SETTINGS not "Feed Settings" after 3.06 update

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
moonslice

ACP_FEED_SETTINGS not "Feed Settings" after 3.06 update

Post by moonslice » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:45 am

I have more than one forum, and i've updated all of them to 3.06.

Unfortunately, one of the forums has bracketed merge info instead of real text in 2 of the General Settings.

Instead of saying 'Feed Settings' in the left sidebox, it says "ACP_FEED_SETTINGS" - and
Instead of saying 'Send statistical information' in the left sidebox it says "ACP_SEND_STATISTICS"

And then if I go to either of those pages there is more merge code in brackets instead of real text.

1) I redid the update and even updated from 3.04 to 3.06 instead of 3.05 to 3.06 just in case there were some problems in the 3.05 i did awhile back

2) When I redid the update, i even made sure to NOT merge any files, but instead I said to use the new files in all cases.

But these attempts didn't help.

Thanks in advance!
Jim
moonSlice - web hosting/ecommerce/design

DoYouSpeakWak
Name: Hans Lassen

Re: ACP_FEED_SETTINGS not "Feed Settings" after 3.06 update

Post by DoYouSpeakWak » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:52 am

it means that the language file or line within it are not avaliable. Make sure the file

language\en\acp\common.php (replace en with whatever language you use)

Is uploaded and merged properly. Instead of running the updater again you should consider using a program called winmerge(for windows). Load the file from your board on the one side and the same file, but from a fresh phpbb 3.0.6 package. and that way merge the files.
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid phpBB help and System administrator services.

moonslice

Post by moonslice » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 am

Thanks so much.

1) So are you saying it is specifically the common.php file that is bad?

2) Should I just use the new common.php from 3.06 and just replace en with en_us?

Thanks!!!!
Jim

DoYouSpeakWak
Name: Hans Lassen

Post by DoYouSpeakWak » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:05 am

Yes this "ACP_FEED_SETTINGS" is only present in that file amount all language files in phpbb. You can either open the file and search for it, if not there add it. But my guess is if that is missing other stuff is as well.

You can only replace it with a new fresh file if you are absolutely sure that you have not added any extra stuff to that file via mods etc. If its a fresh board, yes you can simple overwrite it.

If its en or another language is up to you, whatever is standard for your site. Just dont change the name of the directory because it looks smarter :) Language file wise "en" is default not en-us
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid phpBB help and System administrator services.

moonslice

Post by moonslice » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:20 am

I use Beyond Compare to compare files, and when i look at common.php in the bad site vs the same file in the good site, there are no differences. I'm using 'English (United States) on both sites.

I didn't quite understand what you said, so hopefully what i'm saying makes sense.

Possibly - could it be related to the fact that i use CMS Builder on the problem site - I have an .htaccess file that says "Addhandler application/x-httpd-php .html .php .htm .shtml" which makes all html files simulate php files.

But then why was everything OK on 3.05 and when is it just these two features that have problems?

THANKS AGAIN!
Jim

moonslice

Post by moonslice » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:28 am

PS: That htaccess file is in the root of the hosting account - i didn't change the htaccess file in the forum root.
Jim

moonslice

Post by moonslice » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:44 am

I figured it out - i guess I hadn't uploaded the newest en_us files. I thought i had. ug....

Thanks for your wonderful assistance.
Jim

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”