[Split] v3.0.6 Persistent Login not working

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Decoman

[Split] v3.0.6 Persistent Login not working

Post by Decoman »

I too experience an issue with persistent log-in, which seem to have stopped working as it used to.

Also, it seems like even this very forum experience the same issue. I am using Opera 10.10 browser, with Java off, and Javascript enabled.

Hm, I hope someone can comment on this, if there is an issue with persistent log-ins.

I updated my board from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 using the autoupdate, and resolving conflicts in a sensible manner. I don't think there is something wrong with my template files, but I can't know for sure of course.

I understand that dev's can't spend time looking over my modified template files, and that is ok. I just post here to perchance get some new information about problems with persistent login's. Assuming there is an issue somehow.
Last edited by Decoman on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: [Split] v3.0.6 Persistent Login not working

Post by stevemaury »

Please fill out the Support Request Template Generator and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Decoman

Post by Decoman »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.6
What is your board's URL? http://www.matariflyingcircus.net/forum/index.php
Who do you host your board with? one.com
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? I did an upgrade from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
What board software did you convert from? phpBB 3.0.5
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver, subsilver2
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? removed
What password can be used to view this issue? removed
When did your problem begin? I am fairly sure the issue with persistent login (not working for long) started after I upgraded to 3.0.6 from 3.0.5.

I have no other information that can pinpoint exactly when the problem occurred.
Please describe your problem. The forum APC has an option for persistent login, which has always been enabled, and set to 0 (zero).

But after upgrading to 3.0.6 the persistent login apparantly don't work after some time. Maybe within an hour, don't know for sure.

Also, this issue seem to occur with phpBB main website (yours). Persisten login appear to me to be broken.

I suppose there might be some other explanation, however I am currently at a loss to what it might be, if the issue is mainly on my part. I use Opera 10.10 (latest) as my internet browser. Afaik, Opera 10.10 had no issue with phpBB 3.0.5.

I upgraded with the autoupgrade, and sorted out the minor conflicts after carefully examining the differences in the code. There were maybe 3-5 conflicts or something with the template files, don't remember exactly how many.
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 3396 $)
Last edited by Decoman on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Decoman

Post by Decoman »

I guess the following is of little importance, but one.com, the hosting service, has informed me of an upcoming upgrade:

"Your web space at One.com will on 2010-01-06 be upgraded from PHP 5.2 to PHP 5.3. PHP 5.3 is the latest and most stable version. This version also has improved performance compared to PHP 5.2."

New edit:
I noticed there is a thread about ACM caching. I asked my hosting service, and they informed me that "ACM caching" is not supported. "No, it is not enabled on our servers"

A thread I found here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1859315
Decoman

Post by Decoman »

Edit: Nope, seems I was too hasty. Logging on to http://www.phpbb.com show that persistent login doesn't work for me, neither here in this support forum nor the forum I updated from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6.

Edit2: Hmm, I almost always use the magic wand (password saver) in Opera, maybe I simply forgot to tick the "stay logged in" option when typing the username and password in the first place. I suppose I might have reset the wand tool at some point.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”