multi-group question

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
CMA

multi-group question

Post by CMA »

i am not exactly sure how phpbb3 group works...

for example... if a member has register, mature (above 18 years old) and senior (active in forum for more than one year)...

so mature is same register except able to access to all mature forum... and elder is still same register except able to access the private forum...

so if the member select register forum as default group... but have already have two extra groups in his usergroup... will he lost mature and or elder's premission?

i would not rather to create premission for mature and elder because they are just exactly same as register except just access to some forums... or there must be shortcut...
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: multi-group question

Post by Brf »

Your permissions are the sum total of all of your "Yes" permissions, minus any "Never" permissions.

"Default group" only affects username color and default rank, it has nothing to do with permissions.
CMA

Post by CMA »

damn i already add premission for mature group for all forums...

just have to make sure...

AS IF i create a group of mature and only able to access to private forums ONLY (not add premission on all forums) so

if i grant user to have mature group so he is still posting as register user but also access to private mature forums...

correct?

ps. now i understand what the hell "never" is for
Cpt. Blackbeard

Post by Cpt. Blackbeard »

Yes. Think of the permissions as keys to additional rooms. Giving a poster a new key does not automatically remove his old key, he keeps it. Only if you removed him from a group would he lose those permissions.
CMA

Post by CMA »

alright thank you for confirming my answer...

i guess i will need to remove ALL user defined groups...

so my last question... how to easily remove those groups from forum premission without delete group?

i will simply re-do...

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”