New User settings

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
mtridersclb

New User settings

Post by mtridersclb » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:42 pm

www.mtridersclub.co.uk

PHP v3.0.6

XP on Google Chrome

Hi again.

Im trying to set my New User group so that they ONLY see the 'Welcome' forum where they will be instructed to make an introductory post. This post will then meet the New User post limit I have set to 1. The idea is that only then will they automatically move to a regular user and see the rest of the board.

So Ive set the New User post limit to 1 and set all the New User forum permissions to NO except on the Welcome section

BUT

when I try it as a new user, it still shows me the lot and I can still reply to posts etc. is there another set of permissions over riding the ones Ive set?

Thanks

HGN
Former Team Member
Name: Alfred

Re: New User settings

Post by HGN » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:59 pm

For every forum except the "Welcome" forum, you should set "Groups' forum permissions" for "Newly registered users", using "Advanced permissions": "Can see forum:" to "Never".

mtridersclb

Post by mtridersclb » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:06 am

YOU ARE GENIUS - thank you very much....may I ask though, what is the difference between 'All no' and 'Never' ?

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:18 am

If you belong to 2 groups and one has a No permission and one has a Yes, it results in a Yes permission. But if one has Yes and the other has Never, it results in a No permission.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”