Restore backup without ACP?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
TheDunkis

Restore backup without ACP?

Post by TheDunkis » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:34 pm

I was working on transferring mods from prosilver to proDark and everything was working just fine. I ran into no errors of any sort but then after trying transferring the final mod I ran into an SQL error no matter what part of the board I went to. Sorry for not using a support template but I just wanted to know is it possible that I could restore a backup via another method as I can't access the ACP? Or will I need to fix the problem until I manage to get into the ACP?
Last edited by ric323 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Restore backup without ACP?

Post by Mick » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:37 pm

Knowledge Base - Transferring Your Board to a New Host or Domain scroll about halfway down and there is an explanation how to restore the database.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:37 pm

There are several methods of restoring a backup that do not rely on the ACP. Telling us the error message would probably allow us to fix the error, though.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

TheDunkis

Post by TheDunkis » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:50 pm

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'dunkis_phpbb.POINTS_CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

I did the Ultimate Points mod and there was nothing wrong as far as I noticed. I then did the mini chat and suddenly I get that every where. I tried restoring a backup via phpBBMyAdmin and for some reason it didn't work, unless I did it wrong.
It seems you can add styles and you can add mods but you just can't have both an expect a good day :x

ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:58 pm

The error states that a table does not exist. So I guess that the ultimate points mod is not installed correctly (perhaps you did not execute the necessary sql queries or you did not run a installation php file..)
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

TheDunkis

Post by TheDunkis » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Alright, so what can I do about it? I can't run the installation as I still get that same error. I'm stuck to using my FTP or phpmyadmin until I can access things around my board again.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Restoring a database backup will do nothing to fix this. The error is because your FILES are looking for a table that does not exist. It still will not exist if you restore a backup.

You need to either replace the backups you made before doing the points MOD edits, or run the SQL or script from that MOD to add the table.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

TheDunkis

Post by TheDunkis » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Alright, thanks guys. It took a little bit of work but I managed to pick out all the files causing problems. This time I'll make sure I have an updated backup for the forum files as well. I just didn't expect anything to go wrong in there without me being able to fix it easily.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:46 am

actually the error meant that the constants file did not get the proper edits for that table to be added.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”