global moderators can't ban by email

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: global moderators can't ban by email

Post by Brf »

Also, make sure you set "Hide Email Addresses". Otherwise normal users might be able to see the addresses too.
dontcoz

Post by dontcoz »

ok, thanks.. i tested that and couldn't see the emails so i thought the "see email" was for people with higher permissions than reg. users..

so tried "Users send e-mail via board" set to No and with either hide and not hide email - glob. mod still can't see email under the ban by emaiI

edit - "Users send e-mail via board" set to "Disabled", not "No"
Last edited by dontcoz on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

It depends on what the user has set in their UCP.
If they have set that other users can send them Email, then their Email address will show, unless you have that "Hide Email" set in the ACP Email Settings. Then the only ones to see the Emails will be the ones with the Mass Email permission
dontcoz

Post by dontcoz »

Brf wrote:It depends on what the user has set in their UCP.
If they have set that other users can send them Email, then their Email address will show, unless you have that "Hide Email" set in the ACP Email Settings. Then the only ones to see the Emails will be the ones with the Mass Email permission
right. that makes sense, thanks.. still no avail to seeing the email in the ban by email tab tho lol:(

edit: i figured it out, it's the "Can manage users" that does it which you mentioned too originally. thanks brf:)
microUgly

Post by microUgly »

So, for a moderator to be able to ban an email, I need to create a new admin group with an admin role that enables "manage users". And then my moderators need to be a member of both the moderators group, and the admin group? It's not possible to allow this using just a single moderator group?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

No. You do not need a new group. Just give your Moderators group that one Admin permission.
microUgly

Post by microUgly »

Brf wrote:No. You do not need a new group. Just give your Moderators group that one Admin permission.
Thanks. I couldn't see how to apply admin permissions to the group, but found it at last.

For others reference, go to ACP > Permisions > Group Permissions > Select Global Moderators > Submit > Select Admin Permissions > Go > Edit the permission, or assign a role.
microUgly

Post by microUgly »

Nuts, it doesn't appear to be the "Can manager user" setting alone that determines if the email address field will be prepopulated.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Brf wrote: "Can send Mass Email", which is an Admin permission. You can assign that permission to the Global Mods usergroup.
microUgly

Post by microUgly »

Brf wrote:
Brf wrote: "Can send Mass Email", which is an Admin permission. You can assign that permission to the Global Mods usergroup.
That didn't work either. I have both "Can send mass e-mail" and "Can manage users" set to yes. Unless the permissions are not properly transferring when I choose to "test" the users permission.
microUgly

Post by microUgly »

And I have "Users send e-mail via board" disabled.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You cannot test Admin permissions that way. You would have to login as the user to see what they see.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”