[SOLVED] Login problem

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
TrZ

[SOLVED] Login problem

Post by TrZ »

Hey guys,

I have an issue with my board. Simply put, I cannot login, not register a new acct. STK does not log me in as well. It just refreshes the login page.

A brief summary of what transpired before the problem:
I needed to switch to a new host from my old one. The database was huge and I tried many avenues to backup and import [ssh restore(PuTTy timed out), phpmyadmin(timed out as well and then phpmyadmin refused to let me login again)]......all failed. Eventually I decided to just compress the mysql folder in /var/lib and transfer to the new server. All went well, I uncompressed the archive and the forum was now visible. That's when the new problem started.

Everytime I try to login to the forum, the login page just refreshes, it just won't log me in. I then tried to use the STK, but I have the same problem, it just refreshes the login page to the STK. Decided to see if I could register a new account, but same issue but it isn't even going past the TOS page, just keeps refreshing when I hit I accept.

Any ideas on what the problem may be? Is it probably the sessions table that needs truncating?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by ric323 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Login problem

Post by stevemaury »

Please fill out the Support Request Template Generator and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
TrZ

Re: [SOLVED] Login problem

Post by TrZ »

It was an Apache/MySQL issue.
A reinstall of both services fixed the problem.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”