times out too quickly

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
GenderBender

times out too quickly

Post by GenderBender » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:32 pm

One of my forum members complains she is being timed out all the time even though I put the server settings to a ridiculous number (60000).
Now her complaint is that if she has completed her post and clicks 'submit' nothing happens but the forum asks her to login again. Is this something an administrator can control? If so, what would I be able to change or advise her?

Leanne

sunsop

Re: times out too quickly

Post by sunsop » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm

The last time I heard of an issue like that it was not the forum that was the problem - it was the members internet connection. It's possible that her connection does not interpret writing something as activity and is breaking her connection to your forum - requiring her to log in again. This might be especially so since it applies to just this one user.

GenderBender

Post by GenderBender » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:28 pm

That's what I was thinking, however if I change the server settings would my server not send a quick signal to the user's server that as long as it's within the 60000 minutes writing a message is still considered action of some sort?

sunsop

Post by sunsop » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:48 am

GenderBender wrote:That's what I was thinking, however if I change the server settings would my server not send a quick signal to the user's server that as long as it's within the 60000 minutes writing a message is still considered action of some sort?
No, because your forum still considers her online. It's her internet connection that considers her to ne logged out of your forum by inactivity. She needs to adjust her internet connection settings.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”