Issue with the Moderator Control Panel?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
v_lizzy

Issue with the Moderator Control Panel?

Post by v_lizzy »

We are trying to manually update our board with the last few posts before it goes live and need to change the post author.

We've clicked on the [ Moderator Control Panel ] (towards the top right hand side) in viewtopic.

All we get are the following options:

Moderator Control Panel

[ Moderator Control Panel ]
Main
Moderation queue
Reported messages
User notes
Warnings
Moderator logs
Banning

Nowhere on the page is there any way of seeing the individual post details to be able to change the poster. :?

I've checked in the acp and all of the modules in the Moderator Control Panel are exactly how they are in our old board (which we've just upgraded, hence the wanting to fix this to go live with it). We've never had a problem with it before and now only Front page seems to be inaccessible, while View forum, View topic and Post details aren't.

These are the settings in the acp. I'm really not sure what else I can try.

Thank you for any advice.

Vx
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Issue with the Moderator Control Panel?

Post by karlsemple »

To change the post author you will need to click the moderator control panel when browsing the forum the post is in, then once you have done this you will need to click the topic the post is in from the list of topics shown and then actually click the post itself, you will then be given a page to moderate that post and this is where you can change the posts author :)
v_lizzy

Post by v_lizzy »

Thanks Karl for replying.

That's the problem though; when I click on the mcp in viewtopic - here, for example:

It takes me directly to this page:

There's absolutely no sign of the post information that should be there. :?
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

Are you sure you have all the necessary moderator permissions for the forum you are browsing?
There should be three tabs down the side of the MCP when you enter it while reading a topic, with "Main", "View forum" and "view topic".
You should also be seeing a "?" in a triangle icon on each post, which would take you to the correct page also.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

Does the same thing happen if you revert back to the default style?
v_lizzy

Post by v_lizzy »

ric323 wrote:Are you sure you have all the necessary moderator permissions for the forum you are browsing?
There should be three tabs down the side of the MCP when you enter it while reading a topic, with "Main", "View forum" and "view topic".
You should also be seeing a "?" in a triangle icon on each post, which would take you to the correct page also.
Yes, We've checked them over and over.

Clicking on the triangle does work though, thank you!

It's so odd, it does the same thing in prosilver when we revert back to that too. :?

As long as we have some way of doing it it's not a problem anyway. Thank you so so much to both of you for your help! :D
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

If it is not a permission issue and not a style issue it would indicate something has been changed in the core code, have you installed any modifications to the board which may have altered the way the MCP works?
v_lizzy

Post by v_lizzy »

I'm just going through them all now to double check. Is it proving to be a big problem though for our mods. In viewforum we would normally go to the moderator control panel, select a number of topics to move, merge, etc and go from there, but we don't have that option.
v_lizzy

Post by v_lizzy »

I can now say for definite it has nothing to do with the mcp templates; I've replaced them all (and purged the cache ;) ) with a fresh set of 3.0.6 Prosilver ones, and yet I'm still having the same problem.

It works fine if I click on 'More Information' on individual posts. From there you can access everything just as you should normally. It's really bizarre. Do you know if there's any code I could change so that whenever we click on the mcp in viewtpoic it takes us to the same page I'd get if I clicked on the 'info' button (and then 'viewtopic') on an individual post in that thread please?
v_lizzy

Post by v_lizzy »

To recap:

It's definitely not a permissions issue - I can still do everything in a roundabout way (even if we do keep forgetting how! :shock: )

It's definitely not an mcp issue - we've ftp'd three different spanking new sets of Prosilver (latest upgrade) mcp templates.

It's definitely not a style issue - we have the same problem with every different style we're using.

Here it is in Prosilver too. If I click on the mcp I get this:

... and if I click directly on the 'Information' button I get:

I must admit, I'm totally stumped. :?
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Post by Pit$Bull »

As per rule 4g, please do not bump your topic until at least 6 hours have passed since the last response. Since most of us answer questions in the order they were posted, frequent bumping will only push you further away from help.

You need not reply to this post.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You should have a "view forum" tab in there too, in that last picture.
v_lizzy

Post by v_lizzy »

Sorry, I just thought it'd be helpful to add that extra information to clarify.

Brf, I must admit I didn't even notice that was missing. Then it looks like we have no way of accessing that at all then. :(
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

If there is nothing wrong with the view forum MCP module settings, then maybe its right-left is messed up.
Try the right-left fix in the Support Toolkit http://www.phpbb.com/support/stk/
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

i also have this problem. but only after i upgraded to 3.0.7-RC1.

going to try the STK to see if i can resolve it

edit: tried the STK and still not fixed. i'm set as founder and have not changed any of my permissions. i also tried a completely fresh subsilver2 style and the MCP still just goes to main. but clicking on the info button in a post works. my only guess is that this happens only with upgraded forums. i installed a fresh test forum of both 3.0.6 and 3.0.7RC1 and they both worked fine. i then installed all the modifications that i have on both of those forums and everything still works fine. so i'm stumped too and have no idea what the issue is :roll:

edit #2: well, the only thing that i can work out is it has something to do with the update process. i installed a test board, installed all of my mods into it, transferred all forums, users, and topics from my database and it all works fine. all permissions are exactly the same as are all users, groups, forums, posts, and files. it has to be updating the database from a previous version that does it. some tiny mistake that seems impossible to find :lol: :lol:

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”