Email Blocked for Abuse by Earthlink

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Guybor

Email Blocked for Abuse by Earthlink

Post by Guybor »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.6
What is your board's URL? No answer given
Who do you host your board with? jetnethost.com
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.5
What styles do you currently have installed? No answer given
What language(s) is your board currently using? english
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
When did your problem begin? From the beginning
Please describe your problem. I am having an issue with emails getting blocked when auto sending from phpBB. I have in the past opened a trouble ticket at my web host and it would get cleared up. Recently though I've been having a TON of trouble with EarthLink blocking email from me. I have opened trouble tickets probably about 6 times. This last time my host sent me the following message
"Your forum is the reason it keeps getting blocked, and they are not at the point where they are not going to unblock it anymore, so there is nothing I can do, do to your forum."
Does this seem like a logical response? Is it valid? If so, what is phpBB doing to cause my site to be blocked?

Thanks in advance
Guy
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 3603 $)
lanesharon

Re: Email Blocked for Abuse by Earthlink

Post by lanesharon »

I had to put my forum under DDOS protection services, after a real 'creep' chose to attack a cancer support group. After going under this protection umbrella, I have been blocked by Earthlink and other email services. It is because of the way that the account had to be setup to allow for the protection. Not sure if this is your problem also.
Guybor

Re: Email Blocked for Abuse by Earthlink

Post by Guybor »

Thanks for the reply. We have switched hosting servers since there were some other "issues"

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”