Only certain usergroups able to see that part

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
PHNX

Only certain usergroups able to see that part

Post by PHNX » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Hello,

I was wondering what code I must add to ,letts say, 'memberlist.php' so that only 1 (or multiple) usergroups can see that page and not everyone ?

I hope you understand what I mean and thanks in advance!

Grtz, Jerre

HGN
Former Team Member
Name: Alfred

Re: Only certain usergroups able to see that part

Post by HGN » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:03 pm

You have to set the correct permissions ofr the groups:

ACP - PERMISSIONS - Groups' permissions - <select group> - Advanced permissions - Profile - Set "Can view profiles, memberlist and online list" to "Yes" or "Never" depending on whether the group is allowed to view or not.

Note that this permisson combines the ability to view profiles, memberlist and online list.

PHNX

Post by PHNX » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:16 pm

HGN wrote:You have to set the correct permissions ofr the groups:

ACP - PERMISSIONS - Groups' permissions - <select group> - Advanced permissions - Profile - Set "Can view profiles, memberlist and online list" to "Yes" or "Never" depending on whether the group is allowed to view or not.

Note that this permisson combines the ability to view profiles, memberlist and online list.
Thank you, but I wasn't really talking about the memberlist. I'm developing a personal page on the forums, which I only want to be viewed by 1 or more usergroups, so I was wondering which 'code' I had to add before my page. Thx for ur reply tho :)!

Grtz, Jerre

EDIT: Something like this, that way it would only show to logged in users, but I want to change that to a certain usergroup:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->

<!-- ENDIF -->
Thx in advance

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Assuming your custom page uses the phpbb template engine, see http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 15&start=0
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

PHNX

Post by PHNX » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:28 pm

stevemaury wrote:Assuming your custom page uses the phpbb template engine, see http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 15&start=0
Worked like a charm. Thank you very much Stevemaury!

Grtz, Jerre

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”