Updating to 3.0.7 ( {S_LOGIN_REDIRECT} )

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Seraphic

Updating to 3.0.7 ( {S_LOGIN_REDIRECT} )

Post by Seraphic »

#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------
#
styles/subsilver2/template/index_body.html

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Around Line 78
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="row1" align="center"><span class="genmed">{L_USERNAME}:</span> <input class="post" type="text" name="username" size="10" />&nbsp; <span class="genmed">{L_PASSWORD}:</span> <input class="post" type="password" name="password" size="10" />&nbsp; <!-- IF S_AUTOLOGIN_ENABLED --> <span class="gensmall">{L_LOG_ME_IN}</span> <input type="checkbox" class="radio" name="autologin" /><!-- ENDIF -->&nbsp; <input type="submit" class="btnmain" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" /></td>
</tr>
</table>

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------------------
#
{S_LOGIN_REDIRECT}

#
I do not have login script in my style so unsure where to add "{S_LOGIN_REDIRECT}". Does it need to be added for a security reason? Thanks
Last edited by Seraphic on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Updating to 3.0.7 ( {S_LOGIN_REDIRECT} )

Post by stevemaury »

What is your style?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Seraphic

Post by Seraphic »

stevemaury wrote:What is your style?
It's sytle I made based off SubSilver2. I just completed the update to 3.0.7 and it turns out I am only missing {S_LOGIN_REDIRECT} in index_body.html. This is mainly because I use a php include for my login in the overall_header.html. Does {S_LOGIN_REDIRECT need to be added somewhere in index_body? Thanks
rime

Post by rime »

I placed {S_LOGIN_REDIRECT} after </form>. I think it's right :roll: I was in same situation like you.
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard »

rime wrote:I placed {S_LOGIN_REDIRECT} after </form>. I think it's right :roll: I was in same situation like you.
No, it needs to be before </form>. It's a hidden input field for that form, so it needs to be within the form tags.
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.
killaziller

Post by killaziller »

I had a similar issue with my login in my overall_header.html file for a single, global login. From what I've seen, S_LOGIN_REDIRECT only redirects the user to the previous page. It's a hidden input, so you don't see it visually on the form. You must, however, place the code before </form> in order for the data to be sent with the form. Good practice would be to set it within a <fieldset> too.
ZeroZaku - The phpBB playground of a highschool web designer with a suspicious attraction. It's like catharsis.
Seraphic

Post by Seraphic »

I no longer have any <form> tags in my index_body. So not sure if I should just create something like below and just place it in index_body, or if it is only needed if there is a login form on the page. My login script in the overall_header is a php include, so I don't think I could add "{S_LOGIN_REDIRECT}" to it.

Code: Select all

<form>
{S_LOGIN_REDIRECT}
</form>
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard »

If you have removed the login form from that file, then you don't need to worry about this edit.
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”