Option to upload my own logo?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
dustybritches

Option to upload my own logo?

Post by dustybritches »

I have tried several forum styles on my forum and I see no option to upload my own logo. Is this possible? I am currently running 3.0.6 Thank you
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Option to upload my own logo?

Post by Brf »

The ACP does not have any upload options.
To upload anything, you are expected to use the same FTP program you used to upload the original phpBB install.
csat

Post by csat »

sunsop

Post by sunsop »

csat wrote:I used these instructions

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=639205
Obviously you didn't, because none of those directions relate to actually UPLOADING files - they describe how to edit files so your logo shows. You have to use FTP to upload the logo to the correct folder, then modify the overall_header.html so it shows.
csat

Post by csat »

I DID use those instructions obviously to alter the files so that I could then upload them. I assume dustybritches has a logo and wants to know how to get it onto their site. These instructions do help to explain how to do that although, agreed, they don't explain how to use an ftp client. I don't think that was the question though.
sunsop

Post by sunsop »

csat wrote:I DID use those instructions obviously to alter the files so that I could then upload them. I assume dustybritches has a logo and wants to know how to get it onto their site. These instructions do help to explain how to do that although, agreed, they don't explain how to use an ftp client. I don't think that was the question though.
Whether or not YOU used the Knowledgebase article or not is not germane to the OP's question. He asked if there was an upload option in the ACP. Obviously - there is not - it has to be done by FTP to the proper folder. In the OP's case, a new style has to FTP'd to the styles folder, recursively, maintaining the file structure. It would then appear in the ACP under the styles section and could be activated. If someone needs step by step info on how to use FTP they probably should not be running a forum yet until they do a little reading on the subject.
csat

Post by csat »

Whether or not YOU used the Knowledgebase article or not is not germane to the OP's question. He asked if there was an upload option in the ACP. Obviously - there is not - it has to be done by FTP to the proper folder. In the OP's case, a new style has to FTP'd to the styles folder, recursively, maintaining the file structure. It would then appear in the ACP under the styles section and could be activated. If someone needs step by step info on how to use FTP they probably should not be running a forum yet until they do a little reading on the subject.
I am fully aware of what you need to do to upload a logo so there's no need to explain this to me. The reason why I answered this post originally was to try to HELP the user, which is more than your reply did. Please do not criticise people for trying to help out unless they are completely in the wrong. I maintain that I was not in the wrong because those instructions ARE useful if you are trying to put a logo on your site. The fact remains to be seen as to whether the user found my response useful or not. Unless you are able to read his / her mind I would not assume that it wasn't helpful to them. If you have to criticise then it would be more useful to do so constructively. Personally I disagree about helping people with the simple stuff. We were all new to this once. If someone needs help then it is up to ME if I want to try to help them or not. This will be my last comment on this matter.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

The question was whether there was an Upload option in the ACP. Your answer implied that there was, which is not true.
sunsop

Post by sunsop »

csat wrote:
I am fully aware of what you need to do to upload a logo so there's no need to explain this to me. The reason why I answered this post originally was to try to HELP the user, which is more than your reply did. Please do not criticise people for trying to help out unless they are completely in the wrong. I maintain that I was not in the wrong because those instructions ARE useful if you are trying to put a logo on your site. The fact remains to be seen as to whether the user found my response useful or not. Unless you are able to read his / her mind I would not assume that it wasn't helpful to them. If you have to criticise then it would be more useful to do so constructively. Personally I disagree about helping people with the simple stuff. We were all new to this once. If someone needs help then it is up to ME if I want to try to help them or not. This will be my last comment on this matter.
That's nice. My answer immediately above does more to answer the OP's question that any of your rambling. Your answer was NOT helpful to his question.

That's enough.
soulgood

Post by soulgood »

This is a great post and i will be back :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”