How can I delete website from members list

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Aseenus

How can I delete website from members list

Post by Aseenus »

I wanna delete the whole Website line in the members list, where could I find that?

edit: Also when you click on someones profile how can I take away parts from there?
HGN
Former Team Member
Name: Alfred

Re: How can I delete website from members list

Post by HGN »

Do you want to allow members to enter a website in their profile? Or do you just don't want to show them at the memberlist and in the profile?
Note: Next to a post in the userinfo the link to the website is also available with the globe icon.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

why not tell us why you want to do this . then we can tell you how to fix whatever your real problem is.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
Aseenus

Post by Aseenus »

Ok, You know how you click on the members list up the top? It lists websites that each member has put in their profile, I want to take out the whole website column in the members list so that all you see when you click on on members is: username/rank/posts/joined date. I would also like the Email column gone :)
HGN
Former Team Member

Post by HGN »

We know what the memberlist is. :)
You also mentioned you don't want the website shown on the users profile, so the question remains. do you want users to be able to enter a website and do you want to show that in the users info next to (or below depending on the style) a post?

Do you still want to show the e-mail in the users profile and the users info next to a post?

Please be as complete as possible on why you want it and what exactly you want to achieve.
Aseenus

Post by Aseenus »

HGN wrote:We know what the memberlist is. :)
You also mentioned you don't want the website shown on the users profile, so the question remains. do you want users to be able to enter a website and do you want to show that in the users info next to (or below depending on the style) a post?

Do you still want to show the e-mail in the users profile and the users info next to a post?

Please be as complete as possible on why you want it and what exactly you want to achieve.
Ok, I have already taken these out of the user control panel so that they cannot be filled out but I want them gone from the rest of the site as well: E-mail address/MSNM/WLM/YIM/AIM/ICQ/Jabber/Occupation/Interests/Website/Location

Whether it be in the members list or in user profiles etc I want them all gone :) I want to make it so that the only fields are custom fields that I have put in, I do however wanna keep PM and age
sunsop

Post by sunsop »

Your style, and a link to your forum?
Aseenus

Post by Aseenus »

Aseenus

Post by Aseenus »

anyone?
HGN
Former Team Member

Post by HGN »

Aseenus wrote:Ok, I have already taken these out of the user control panel so that they cannot be filled out but I want them gone from the rest of the site as well: E-mail address/MSNM/WLM/YIM/AIM/ICQ/Jabber/Occupation/Interests/Website/Location
Wouldn't it be easier to clear the fields for the users that have entered them. When these fields are empty, they will not be shown.
For the e-mail address you will have to set "Allow users to send you private messages:" to No. Only admininstrators and moderators will then see the icon for the e-mail address.

Clearing the fields can be done using sql queries in phpMyAdmin.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Example:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users SET `user_aim` = '' WHERE `user_type` <> 2;
Repeat for the others, like user_yim
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Aseenus

Post by Aseenus »

Thanks fellas, what file would that be in though steve?
HGN
Former Team Member

Post by HGN »

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin for how to run SQL queries on your database.
Ather
Name: Ather Akber

Post by Ather »

well, this is the memberlis_view.html from prosilver :

Code: Select all

<dl class="details">
		<!-- IF U_EMAIL --><dt>{L_EMAIL_ADDRESS}:</dt> <dd><a href="{U_EMAIL}">{L_SEND_EMAIL_USER} {USERNAME}</a></dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF U_WWW --><dt>{L_WEBSITE}:</dt> <dd><a href="{U_WWW}" title="{L_VISIT_WEBSITE}: {U_WWW}">{U_WWW}</a></dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF U_PM --><dt>{L_PM}:</dt> <dd><a href="{U_PM}">{L_SEND_PRIVATE_MESSAGE}</a></dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF U_MSN or USER_MSN --><dt>{L_MSNM}:</dt> <dd><!-- IF U_MSN --><a href="{U_MSN}" onclick="popup(this.href, 550, 320); return false;">{L_SEND_MSNM_MESSAGE}</a><!-- ELSE -->{USER_MSN}<!-- ENDIF --></dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF U_YIM or USER_YIM --><dt>{L_YIM}:</dt> <dd><!-- IF U_YIM --><a href="{U_YIM}" onclick="popup(this.href, 780, 550); return false;">{L_SEND_YIM_MESSAGE}</a><!-- ELSE -->{USER_YIM}<!-- ENDIF --></dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF U_AIM or USER_AIM --><dt>{L_AIM}:</dt> <dd><!-- IF U_AIM --><a href="{U_AIM}" onclick="popup(this.href, 550, 320); return false;">{L_SEND_AIM_MESSAGE}</a><!-- ELSE -->{USER_AIM}<!-- ENDIF --></dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF U_ICQ or USER_ICQ --><dt>{L_ICQ}:</dt> <dd><!-- IF U_ICQ --><a href="{U_ICQ}" onclick="popup(this.href, 550, 320); return false;">{L_SEND_ICQ_MESSAGE}</a><!-- ELSE -->{USER_ICQ}<!-- ENDIF --></dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF U_JABBER and S_JABBER_ENABLED --><dt>{L_JABBER}:</dt> <dd><a href="{U_JABBER}" onclick="popup(this.href, 550, 320); return false;">{L_SEND_JABBER_MESSAGE}</a></dd><!-- ELSEIF USER_JABBER --><dt>{L_JABBER}:</dt> <dd>{USER_JABBER}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF S_PROFILE_FIELD1 -->
			<!-- NOTE: Use a construct like this to include admin defined profile fields. Replace FIELD1 with the name of your field. -->
			<dt>{postrow.PROFILE_FIELD1_NAME}:</dt> <dd>{postrow.PROFILE_FIELD1_VALUE}</dd>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
		</dl>
You can remove what you dont want in there
CPL Syed Ather Akbar
Regional Command Southwest
Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan

My Mods/Snippets
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

But better to do it without editing a template, as was suggested above. he has eliminated the ability to set them in Profile, so only need to empty the fields in the table.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”