I'm a super noob, please help

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Muggschultz

I'm a super noob, please help

Post by Muggschultz »

Hey everyone

Ok im very very new to all of this i have no idea what i'm doing really, but i would like a very simple website, which has only 4 tabs. each tab must be a froum style ongoing chat, i dont want registered users, andyone can use a nickname and post, however i would like to approve or decline the post before it is posted, no need for any pictures or videos. just the feed. Basically the closest i have found to what i want is fmylife.com

I have used this as a reference on a number of forums, and everyone has pointed me here. How do i go about creating this website. My host company offers an easy install for phpbb which i have already done, but where to from here.

Im lost

please help
Uzam

Re: I'm a super noob, please help

Post by Uzam »

So your wanting to enable postal review for some members?

Please define yourself in more detail.

Regards,
George.
sunsop

Post by sunsop »

ALL of that is in the DOCUMENTATION for phpBB. It would be ridiculous to expect someone to give you step by step directions to setup your forum when it already exists - you just have to read it - or you will never learn how to do this yourself.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but we are all new at some point.
Muggschultz

Post by Muggschultz »

Thanks

I wasn't asking for a step by step guide, maybe some advice as to weather or not it is possible to completely change the interface like the above mentioned website without having any users, or maybe point me in the direction of a useful addon or something.

Nevermind i will look elswhere for advice. where people actually help and don't come on to try belittle other users, this is obviously not the right place.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

What you're wanting to do sounds like it's just to allow guest posting and assign the Guest group "On Moderation Queue" permissions:
ACP -> Users and Groups -> Group's Forum Permissions -> Guests -> Select the forum(s) you want guests to be able to post in -> Role: "On Moderation Queue"

The rest needs a bit more explanation to better assist you.

P.S. Almost everyone around here is polite when it comes to support. Community user responses are certainly not representative of our actual Support Team :)
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”