Multiple topic bumps

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
kenno

Multiple topic bumps

Post by kenno »

Hi.
I have a issue with bumping the topic/post.
Every user have a right to bump in specific forum topics. So they can, when 7days passed from last post date (so were my settings) and they did. But when 7 days again passed, no bump button appeared anymore. Is it only one time bump feature or why users cannot bump multiple times.

Regards
Kenno
Last edited by D¡cky on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Re: Multiple topic bumps

Post by D¡cky »

A topic cannot be bumped again until a new reply has been posted. Once a new reply is made, anyone who has posted in the topic may bump it again.
Have you hugged someone today?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

D¡cky wrote:A topic cannot be bumped again until a new reply has been posted. Once a new reply is made, anyone who has posted in the topic may bump it again.
Really? When was that change made? It used to be that only the topic author and the last poster could bump.
kenno

Post by kenno »

D¡cky wrote:A topic cannot be bumped again until a new reply has been posted. Once a new reply is made, anyone who has posted in the topic may bump it again.
That could be it. But I have a forum where users can only make topics, not replies. So I want that topic author can bump topic everytime after the days/hours etc passed that are set in settings. How can it be done?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Brf wrote:
Really? When was that change made? It used to be that only the topic author and the last poster could bump.
There was a change made in 3.0.6.
// It is safe to grab the username from the user cache array, we are at the last
// post and only the topic poster and last poster are allowed to bump.
// Admins and mods are bound to the above rules too...
my earlier test was not thorough enough. It is indeed the topic starter and the last poster that a can bump a topic. Contradictory to the above, moderators cannot bump a topic at all. This was instituted in 3.0B6.
kenno wrote:
That could be it. But I have a forum where users can only make topics, not replies. So I want that topic author can bump topic everytime after the days/hours etc passed that are set in settings. How can it be done?
My test shows that the topic starter can bump the topic even though they cannot post a reply. You should check the permission masks for that user to see if they can bump a topic.
kenno

Post by kenno »

Every user has a privilege to bump a topic in that forum, even that user which I was checking. But no user cannot bump a topic twice i checked permissions masks and all privileges are right to bump topics and user can, but only once.

And that subforum is only with topics, no replies. So no user can reply in topic and can bump once.

But I'd like that user could bump topic as much as he wants only limited with bump interval defined in ACP.
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

This will allow multiple bumps in any forum that allows bumping and where the user has permission to bump. Time limits are applied.

OPEN functions_content.php
FIND

Code: Select all

if (!$auth->acl_get('f_bump', $forum_id) || $topic_bumped)
REPLACE WITH

if (!$auth->acl_get('f_bump', $forum_id))
kenno

Post by kenno »

Yeah, I thought so, that it was an easy edit :) Thanks again D¡cky! You are being a great support for phpBB ;)
Solved!
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

After a discussion with a few friends from phpbbgr we finally came up with something slightly different...
You see, removing this will cause the ability for users to constantly bump the topic if you have set a bump time in minutes or hours, which will lead to the result that was meant to be avoided in the first place... :P
But if you do something like

if (!$auth->acl_get('f_bump', $forum_id) ||  ($config['bump_type'] != 'd' ))

you will have the ability to bump the topic more than once, but only if the time interval is set to days...
What do you think?
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”