Email notification of new user post

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
James@Butterflies
Name: James Sutton

Email notification of new user post

Post by James@Butterflies »

I have set up a forum and made it so that new users are added to the 'New User' group until they have posted 4 times.

I have tested and all works fine, but I wondered if there is a way to be sent an email everytime a 'New User' posts so that I know there is a post waitign approval rather than having to check every so often?

Thanks

James

HGN
Former Team Member
Name: Alfred

Re: Email notification of new user post

Post by HGN »

You will need a mod for that.

I found a mod that is still in development: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1646415

Another mod able to do it is released, but was created on 3.0.1 and appears to give some trouble on 3.0.6 and higher phpBB versions: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1057515

zackpack

Post by zackpack »

and there's a mod to receive a new email every new registration? not to confirm it, just to notify the admin that a new user born..

Dante101b

Post by Dante101b »

That would be nice. I was hoping that I could get a popup message when I visited the board, telling me "There are posts waiting for approval."

Or even having that little "waiting for approval" icon displayed on the board index page, next the the name of the sub-forum, so I could see that there is a post in that subforum waiting for approval.

ozrock

Post by ozrock »

and there's a mod to receive a new emai ... ser born..

I am in all sorts of trouble getting any email to admin requesting a new registration. The new member gets an email to say another will come to activate it, however because admin doesn't get to know about this new member, no activation takes place.

What is this mod above? Will that fix my problem?

oz

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”