Rules Mod

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
rusty12345678909

Rules Mod

Post by rusty12345678909 »

Cant get the rules thingie to work as instructed in this post

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12451015

Its reply number uh well next to the last post.

I went into the admin control panel and clicked on the FORUMS tab, clicked on the green gear, then scrolled to the bottom and in the page where it says Forum rules, in the last box you can type in on that page I typed in "Have a great day" then clicked Submit at the bottom of the page and no place do I see the "Have a great day" show up.

Did I do something wrong, should I see a red header at the top of each page like I see here that says
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

Thanks.
Cpt. Blackbeard

Re: Rules Mod

Post by Cpt. Blackbeard »

I'm thinking you tested it on a Category instead of a Forum, works fine for me on a Forum but uit won't show on a category
rusty12345678909

Cpt. Blackbeard wrote:I'm thinking you tested it on a Category instead of a Forum, works fine for me on a Forum but uit won't show on a category
That could be, how do you tell the difference between a Category and a Forum, everything says "Forum" no where does it say "Category"

Again I did this exactly as its typed
I went into the admin control panel and clicked on the FORUMS tab, clicked on the green gear, then scrolled to the bottom and in the page where it says Forum rules, in the last box you can type in on that page I typed in "Have a great day" then clicked Submit at the bottom of the page and no place do I see the "Have a great day" show up.

After I click the Submit button I get the green screen that says, again it says Forum not Category.

Information
Forum information updated successfully.
Now you are able to set permissions for this forum.
« Back to previous page

What I dont understand is If I am in the wrong place why would it have the option to type in "Forum rules" if they will never work?

Thanks.
Cpt. Blackbeard

Post by Cpt. Blackbeard »

I went into the admin control panel and clicked on the FORUMS tab, clicked on the green gear,
That is most likely a Category, Forums go inside Categories. When you click the green edit, the first drop down box at the top of the page will say Category, Forum, or Link. It must be a Forum for the Rules to post.
rusty12345678909

Cpt. Blackbeard wrote:
I went into the admin control panel and clicked on the FORUMS tab, clicked on the green gear,
That is most likely a Category, Forums go inside Categories. When you click the green edit, the first drop down box at the top of the page will say Category, Forum, or Link. It must be a Forum for the Rules to post.
Ok I got it now man what confusion, your given options to implement options, that's never going to work, how many other trick bags are their I dont know about?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Categories contain forums. Forums contain topics.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”