Re wrote a BBcode now its not working

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Nooby_Mad_Doc

Re wrote a BBcode now its not working

Post by Nooby_Mad_Doc » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:13 am

Hi, i know this might be a simple problem still i am not able to figure it out.

For long time i was using a simple BBcode for youtube. the bbcode text for which was[youtube]{text}[/youtube]

today i experimented with some customized html replacement under the tag [youtube1]{text}[/youtube1] it seemed to be working and the next thing i did was prolly the most stupid thing i guess. i deleted the original [youtube] thingy and edite the new [youtube1] thing to [youtube]

now the codes are not working, i wonder why. in preview post i can clearly see them work, but after i submit it doesnt work, why does this happen? All the old post with youtube code appears just a text now. :(

fresh posts i edit appears to work, its the old ones which even if i edit doesnt seem to work

Thank you for the help
With Regards
nmd
I yam what i yam , Sorry i yam a nooby But i yam learning as fast as possible. PS: i yam mad

Lastof

Re: Re wrote a BBcode now its not working

Post by Lastof » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:27 am

Old posts won't work because the BBCode in them won't be correctly flagged in the database, all the posts need to be processed again.

I'd suggest taking a look at the Support Tool Kit, it has a tool for just that job (Reparse BBCode)
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2011, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!

Nooby_Mad_Doc

Re: Re wrote a BBcode now its not working

Post by Nooby_Mad_Doc » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Awesome Awesome tool, thank you lastof. :mrgreen: all clear now
I yam what i yam , Sorry i yam a nooby But i yam learning as fast as possible. PS: i yam mad

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”