Forum keep asking login even if "stay logged" is checked

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
masterkarray

Forum keep asking login even if "stay logged" is checked

Post by masterkarray » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:58 am

Hi phpbb staff,

i have this problem since the very first beginning of my board. Everytime me (or a user) try to log in the forum, it asks username and pass, even if the option "remember me" or "stay logged" (i'm using the italian version, so i don't know what's exactly in english) is checked.

Another thing that is hassling the board: in my signature i have some links (that redirect to some posts one my own board) but most of the time (not always) when I (or a user) try to click on that link, before redirecting to the post it asks to login again. It happens like that with every link on the board. That is a lil bit frustrating, cause it makes the forum not comfortable for users.

Hope you can help me, thanks in advance for Your time. :)

Lastof

Re: Forum keep asking login even if "stay logged" is checked

Post by Lastof » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:19 am

Sounds like a cookie problem. Your cookie settings (ACP > General > Server configuration > Cookies) are likely incorrect, so the forum is falling back on putting a session id (the "sid={hexcode}") in the url. When they click your sig link, or enter the address manually/for a bookmark, the sid isn't included, or an incorrect sid is used, so the forum has to check who they are.

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/fixing- ... -settings/ has some instructions for fixing cookies, or I believe the Support Toolkit should do the work for you.

If you are still stuck, a link to your site (or, even better, fill in a Support Request Template), and the current cookie settings would help us work out whats wrong.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2011, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!

masterkarray

Post by masterkarray » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:45 am

Thank you for your reply.

I already checked (even before sending this message) my cookie settings, and i can assure they are correct (except for the ssl setting, which i don't know if my host's server is supporting it, so i left it disabled).

The link to my board is http://directdownloadworld.com , it's in italian, and you were right: the board is giving the sid to each user.

Thanks again for your attention, i'm eagerly waiting for a reaply.

HGN
Former Team Member
Name: Alfred

Post by HGN » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:05 pm

Your cookie settings are not correct.
The domain should be set to .directdownloadworld.com (note the leading dot).
Also change the cookie name to force new cookies.

Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Post by Pit$Bull » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”