register error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
828tuners

register error

Post by 828tuners »

i am using 3.0.6 and everything has been fine until today i get this error when someone is trying to register

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined method user::confirm_gc() in /home/pwrk097v/public_html/phpbb/includes/ucp/ucp_register.php on line 486
what can i do to fix this? i wasn't going to go to the new version until all the bugs were worked out, but....
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: register error

Post by Brf »

Yes. There is no user::confirm_gc() in 3.0.6. This indicates you are using an older ucp_register.
828tuners

Post by 828tuners »

so i need to upgrade? i have the announcement mod and the anti-bot question so i will have to get the download so i can keep these. Will my styles need to be changed as well? i have ElementBlack and one i made off of Acidtiger from 3.0.5
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Well.... You can't use a 3.0.5 ucp_register with a 3.0.6 sessions.php. You have to keep your files in synch.
828tuners

Post by 828tuners »

what confusses me is that it has worked for over a year and just today i get this....dunno

best thing to do is to update then?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

828tuners wrote:i have the announcement mod and the anti-bot question so i will have to get the download so i can keep these.
Attachments are built in. No MOD needed. Also 3.0.6 added a Q&A antibot option so you don't need that one either.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
828tuners

Post by 828tuners »

yeah i know that but you can't have both the Q&A and the captcha...unless you have the mod
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

828tuners wrote:what confusses me is that it has worked for over a year and just today i get this
But 3.0.6 was only released last November.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

828tuners wrote:yeah i know that but you can't have both the Q&A and the captcha...unless you have the mod
You don't need both. The Q&A will stop them.
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
828tuners

Post by 828tuners »

well i mean it worked fine with the .0.5 and the .0.6 until today lol.........i have noticed a few other bugs here lately though. like the feed settings i get an error and i tried the Q&A on 3.0.6 and could not get it to work so i just stayed with the mod and the captcha together. can you use both on 3.0.7? i have it downloaded but not unzipped yet. just don't want my board to crash, cause of a mistake i may have made somewhere :?
Last edited by 828tuners on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
828tuners

Post by 828tuners »

some of the other admins like having both, but if it's going to cause a problem then we will just have the one. i still want the site announcements, we use that alot.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Sorry yes I misread announcements as attachments. If you want to separate them out or do something special with them you need a MOD for that.
828tuners

Post by 828tuners »

so to correct the issues i'm having now should i just update then? or try and fix what's wrong.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

As I said... Your ucp_register still has 3.0.5 code, so none of the features from 3.0.6, including the Q&A captcha, will work. You need to at least get all of your code to 3.0.6.
828tuners

Post by 828tuners »

ok when i updated to 3.06 how come it didn't change? what do i need to do to change it?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”