Accessing Forums and Posts

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Sylwia

Accessing Forums and Posts

Post by Sylwia » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:52 pm

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0 RC4
What is your board's URL? http://scotch-and-sirens.waw.pl/index.php
How did you install your board? I installed my board myself
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
What MODs do you have installed? Nothing new for months, but here are those I have:
Prime Birthdate Require
Topic Tags
Open Links in a New Window
Last post's subject on index
Creating an author column in the topic list
Please describe your problem. One can't access either forums or posts. One still can see the index page or send PMs. This doesn't happen for users who aren't logged in when they access forums that are free for everyone to view.

I think it may have something to do with my service provider. I received an email from them, back in January, saying that they turn off the old_passwords option in MySQL configuration, and that all passwords will be reconfigured into a new format. They said it's because they're preparing to implement new 5.3 PHP version that doesn't serve 16 bites passwords.

They also said that if problems occur I should either use the old_password() function or recode the data.

However, there were no problems either in January or the following months. The problem occurred yesterday, and I haven't yet heard from them. If I should change something in the scripts could someone tell me which ones should I edit and how?

If you want to view the forum you can log in with the name: szewczyk password: szewczyk

Thanks in advance!

ETA: I get this error when accessing a forum:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table './baza57813_158/phpbb_topics_track' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [144]

SQL

SELECT t.*, tg.topic_tag_name, tg.topic_tag_colour, tp.topic_posted, tt.mark_time FROM (phpbb_topics t) LEFT JOIN phpbb_topic_tags tg ON (tg.topic_tag_id = t.topic_tag_id) LEFT JOIN phpbb_topics_posted tp ON (tp.topic_id = t.topic_id AND tp.user_id = 2) LEFT JOIN phpbb_topics_track tt ON (tt.topic_id = t.topic_id AND tt.user_id = 2) WHERE t.forum_id IN (19, 0) AND t.topic_type IN (2, 3) ORDER BY t.topic_time DESC

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 133
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: viewforum.php
LINE: 355
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()
What styles do you currently have installed? Prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5.1.42-1+tld2-log
What is your level of experience? Novice
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 2853 $)

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Accessing Forums and Posts

Post by stevemaury » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Run this query:

Code: Select all

REPAIR TABLE phpbb_topics_track;
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/executi ... hpmyadmin/
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Sylwia

Re: Accessing Forums and Posts

Post by Sylwia » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Thanks a lot! It worked like a charm! :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”