After ban expires user gets email notications no more

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

After ban expires user gets email notications no more

Post by ChriZathens »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 & 3.0.8-dev
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install and this behavior is also tested in a board which was initially converted prom phpbb2.0.22 to phpbb3.0.2
Do you have any MODs installed? One board does have a few, the other testbed is vanilla
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? el,en
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
Please describe your problem. If a user gets banned, after their ban expires they no longer receive topic/post notifications
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 3777 $)

Long story short: A previously banned user (whose ban expired) complained that they no longer receive email notifications for the topics they watch - they only get email notifications for new pms.
I have tested this for a while and the same outcome every time: This is what happens indeed... Keep in mind that if you issue a ban and then manually unban the user this does not happen. But if you eg. ban them for 30 minutes, they stop receiving notification emails the minute they get banned and this does not change even if their ban expires..
I have tested this fairly enough, but I thought I should post here first in case I'm missing something...
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: After ban expires user gets email notications no more

Post by Brf »

This should be reported to Bugtracker, not here in Support.
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Re: After ban expires user gets email notications no more

Post by ChriZathens »

Hi Brf...
I already mentioned that
I wrote: ...I thought I should post here first in case I'm missing something...
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”