Debug help please

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
davejo90

Debug help please

Post by davejo90 »

I am successfully running 3.0.7.PL1 and have been for some time.

All I need is a little guidance on an error I have.

Firstly let me say I know the reason for the error it's because the server is not active.

What I would like to know is can I stop the code below from displaying on the main forum page as it makes it look untidy. I have looked in the config.php file to check the debug and both lines are REMed out i.e. have // in front of them.
I have tried to add the same lines (but active) into the radio_stats.php file but nothing I try works.

Does anyone have a quick reply please to help me out? Thanks in advance.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /radio/radio_stats.php on line 15: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to 
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Debug help please

Post by Brf »

You would have to ask your question in your radio_stats mod's support topic. I assume you would want to disable whatever that mod is doing.
davejo90

Post by davejo90 »

Brf wrote:You would have to ask your question in your radio_stats mod's support topic. I assume you would want to disable whatever that mod is doing.

Hi Brf thanks for the reply.

I don't want to disable the mod all I want to do is remove the debug notice, maybe I didnt explain it good enough.

I know what the error is for as I've said. When the radio server stops and the radio_stats cannot connect, it puts up the debug error (in the first post above) on the index page of the site and it looks unsightly. All I want to do is know if there is any standard way in phpBB 3.0.7 to prevent that error notice showing up on the index page.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Yes.
You fix the code, so it does not produce the error.
davejo90

Post by davejo90 »

Brf wrote:Yes.
You fix the code, so it does not produce the error.

thanks for the info

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”