phpbb_db_backup

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Popp Singh

Re: phpbb_db_backup

Post by Popp Singh »

Thanks for the quick answer but i dont know what that means or how to do it .
What i say is my opinion . If you dont like it or dissagree with it lets talk about it and try to come to an agreement . I`m not to old to learn or change my opinions if they are wrong .

http://www.youtopia.ws
Oleg
Former Team Member

Post by Oleg »

As obscene as it may sound I think it's worth a shot to set post_max_size to 1g and memory_limit to 3g and try again...
Participate in phpBB development: Get involved | Issue tracker | Report a bug | Development board | [url=irc://chat.freenode.net/phpbb-dev]Development IRC chat[/url]
My stuff: mindlinkgame.com
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

Thanks but i`m totaly new to this . I looked for those lines in bigdump.php and they arent in it so i dont know how or where to do that but i`m still game to try if anyone can point me in the right direction .
What i say is my opinion . If you dont like it or dissagree with it lets talk about it and try to come to an agreement . I`m not to old to learn or change my opinions if they are wrong .

Oleg
Former Team Member

Post by Oleg »

These go in php.ini. Start by locating this file on your computer. Hopefully you have it and it has a bunch of stuff in it.

How much memory does your computer have?
Participate in phpBB development: Get involved | Issue tracker | Report a bug | Development board | [url=irc://chat.freenode.net/phpbb-dev]Development IRC chat[/url]
My stuff: mindlinkgame.com
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard »

Command line is the fastest way. PHP will take a long time, especially if it's POSTing large amounts of data all the time.

Code: Select all

C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql.exe -u db_username -p db_password database_name < "C:\path\to\backup.sql"
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

Thanks guys .

Its a 2.200 gig amd athlon with 3 gigs of memory .I found the file and the entrys and i have time .

I wouldnt mind trying them both one after the other = do it once the one way and then delete it and try it again the other way as i want to learn how to do it . I understand the first way but havent got a clue how or where to do the comand line thing so i need another pointer for that please . Thanks for the help .....this is getting interesting .
Last edited by Popp Singh on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard »

Since it's Windows, it's just Start --> Run --> cmd
Then type in the command I gave, replacing the values with the correct ones of course.
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

Thanks . I will try it .

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

I tried the first way and it got up to 7% and then i got a white screen and it stoped .
Then i tied the second way and i cant get that to work either . I`m sure i must have made a mistake changeing the code you posted and trying several combinations .

This isnt urgent and i have loads of time .

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

What is the path to your backup file?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\phpbb_db_backup.sql

And this is where phpbb3.0.7 PL1 is installed

C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB3

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Paste this into the command line:

C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql.exe -u root -p  phpbb < "C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\phpbb_db_backup.sql"
If you get an error, write it down and post back.

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

It said enter password . I wrote root and it said
ERROR 1045 <20000> : Acess denied for user "root"@"localhost" <useing password ; YES>
Then i tried writeing administrator as the password and got the same . Then i tried it with no password and clicking enter and nothing happened exept that it blinked at me .

This is getting like an agatha christy mystery to solve and the more i dont suceed the more i want to try . Its fun .

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Try this:

C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql.exe -u root phpbb < "C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\phpbb_db_backup.sql"
By default xampp's username is root and there is no password. I probably should not have include the -p switch.

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

Nothing happened exept that zonealarm , like each time i`ve tried , asked for permission to get into the net . I pressed allow .

Maybe i should start from the beginning again and put xampp and phpbb in again and do all the file changes again and try again ?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”