phpbb_db_backup

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: phpbb_db_backup

Post by stevemaury »

NOTHING happened? No error, nothing?

Turn Zonealarm off as you are not ON the net.

Another thing to try is to give the root user a password and supply it in the command after the -p switch.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

I have turned zonealarm off and the only thing that happened was that the blinking minus sign droped to the line underneath . I`ve been and am loged on here so that i can see all the instructions while i`m doing it all .

Wich -P switch ? C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql.exe -u root phpbb < "C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\phpbb_db_backup.sql"

"give the root user a password" ? In the bigdump.php file ?

I`m quite prepared to start from the start and make screen shots of everything i do as i`m starting to think that i must have messed it all up somehow .
What i say is my opinion . If you dont like it or dissagree with it lets talk about it and try to come to an agreement . I`m not to old to learn or change my opinions if they are wrong .

http://www.youtopia.ws
Oleg
Former Team Member

Post by Oleg »

Can you access any databases on your mysql server at all? Do you know your mysql root password?

If you don't try one of these results to reset it: http://www.google.com/search?q=xampp+re ... l+password
Participate in phpBB development: Get involved | Issue tracker | Report a bug | Development board | [url=irc://chat.freenode.net/phpbb-dev]Development IRC chat[/url]
My stuff: mindlinkgame.com
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

By default in xampp there is no password, but it won't hurt to change it to have one. The -p switch is in this line:

Code: Select all

C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql.exe -u root -p yourpasswrod phpbb < "C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\phpbb_db_backup.sql"
How long are you looking at the command prompt after you hit Enter? It could take awhile.

Have you looked at the database to se if any tables were created?

That blinking cursor is all you get until you get a c:\> prompt.

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

I just tried localhost/phpbb3 and i cant get in anymore i get this message ---->

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'is_dynamic' in 'field list' [1054]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

So i copyed the 3.0.7 install directry back in and can get to that OK = the phpbb3 installation is broken ?
What i say is my opinion . If you dont like it or dissagree with it lets talk about it and try to come to an agreement . I`m not to old to learn or change my opinions if they are wrong .

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

I`m not getting anywhere . I tried three solutions in google and nada and now even xampp doesnt work SO im going to get my guitar out and sing "We shall overcome" then do 50 press ups and then take great pleasure killing the xampp ìnstalation and everything in it and start again from scratch . I`ll report back if it does or doesnt work . Thanks for all the help and your time .

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

oleg-karow wrote: General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'is_dynamic' in 'field list' [1054]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
This implies that your database is a phpbb2 database, so you would have to convert.

Information on how to convert from phpBB2 to phpBB3 is here.

Basically, you must have both phpBB2 and phpBB3 installed on the same server. After you have finished installing phpBB3 you will have the option to convert your phpBB2 board using the built in converter. The information it asks you for is related to the phpBB2 installation and can be found in its config.php file on the server. All of your users, posts, forums, PMs etc are converted. However, styles and MODs are not (with the exception of the birthday and attachment MODs which are supported by the converter). The phpBB2 database is not converted per se, it is merely read and converted/moved to the new phpBB3 database, so if it goes wrong your old board will not be affected at all. At the end of the conversion, once you're happy it's all working, your phpBB2 database and files can be backed up and removed if you so wish. They are not connected to the new installation in any way.

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

I put xampp in again with the changed php.ini ( memory_limit = 3G and post_max_size = 1G ). Then phpBB 2.0.23 . These are the details i put in when installing .

database name = phpbb2
username = root
My email adress
admin name = root
admin password = root

Then i used this --->

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/using-b ... ase-dumps/

This is what is in the phpbb2 config.php ---->

$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbname = 'phpbb2';
$dbuser = 'root';
$dbpasswd = '';

$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';

This is what is in the bigdump.php at C:\xampp\htdocs\dump/bigdump.php

$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbname = 'phpbb2';
$dbuser = 'root';
$dbpasswd = ';

When i enter http://localhost/dump/bigdump.php to firefox i get ---->

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\bigdump.php on line 46

The first 25 lines of the phpbb_db_backup.sql wich is at C:\xampp\htdocs\dump\phpbb_db_backup.sql are ---->

# phpBB Backup Script
# Dump of tables for youtopia
# DATE : 24-08-2008 14:20:02 GMT
# TABLE: phpbb_auth_access
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS phpbb_auth_access;
CREATE TABLE phpbb_auth_access(
group_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL,
forum_id smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL,
auth_view tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
auth_read tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
auth_post tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
auth_reply tinyint(1) NOT NULL
auth_edit tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
auth_delete tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
auth_sticky tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
auth_announce tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
auth_global_announce tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
auth_vote tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
auth_pollcreate tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
auth_attachments tinyint(1) NOT NULL,

I dont know how to put that all in a code box sorry .

EDIT: This is what is in the original bigdump.php $db_server = 'localhost'; and this is what is in the phpbb config.php $dbhost = 'localhost';

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

You are missing the second single quote in the password field you put into bigdump.php.

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

I`ll get a pair of glasses....

Database connection failed due to Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Please post the entire config.php file without the password.

Here is how you use the code tags:

This:

[code]some text blablabla
[/code]

Gives this:

some text blablabla

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

<?php

// phpBB 2.x auto-generated config file
// Do not change anything in this file!

$dbms = 'mysql';

$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbname = 'phpbb2';
$dbuser = 'root';
$dbpasswd = '';

$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';

define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);

?> 
Thats the exact copy . There isnt a password in the config.php .

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

Its the syntax on line twelve .

Can you post the right one so ican copy it in please .

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

I just fixed that in config.php and can now get back into the forum . Then i looked at the bigdump.php and copyed the corrected line in and still get

Database connection failed due to Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) message

So now the config file is

$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbname = 'phpbb2';
$dbuser = 'root';
$dbpasswd = '';
and the bigdump.php is

$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbname = 'phpbb2';
$dbuser = 'root';
$dbpasswd = '';

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

So, you can connect to the forum with that config.php with no problem?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”