phpbb_db_backup

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Popp Singh

Re: phpbb_db_backup

Post by Popp Singh »

Yes .
What i say is my opinion . If you dont like it or dissagree with it lets talk about it and try to come to an agreement . I`m not to old to learn or change my opinions if they are wrong .

http://www.youtopia.ws
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

You have the wrong syntax in bigdump.php. It should be:

Code: Select all

$db_server   = 'localhost';
$db_name     = 'phpbb2';
$db_username = 'root';
$db_password = '';
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

You are right . It then asked me to upload phpbb_db_backup.sql and i got

Error uploading file phpbb_db_backup.sql

so i tried again and got the same thing .

LOL.....if you guys are ever in hamburg youll get a free crate of beer for your patience......
What i say is my opinion . If you dont like it or dissagree with it lets talk about it and try to come to an agreement . I`m not to old to learn or change my opinions if they are wrong .

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

I don't know what "the same thing" is but you need to create a folder call dump in your xampp\htdocs\phpBB2 folder and in the dump folder you place both bigdump.php and the .sql file. Then you browse to localhost/phpBB2/dump/bigdump.php

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

The same thing was --->

I copyed the dump file with bigdump.php and phpbb_db_backup.sql in it to ---->

http://localhost/dump/bigdump.php

and got ------>

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Do you have phpbb2 installed directly in the htdocs folder? No subfolder? What is the url you use to get to the board?

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

Yes . localhost/phpbb2 The route to it on my hard drive is C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB2

I tried to put dump here C:\xampp\htdocs To get the adress localhost/dump

and i`ve tried it here as was also sugested C:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB2 To get the adress localhost/phpbb2/dump

I just deleted dump . Made a new dump at C:\xampp\htdocs and started again and this time bigdump.php started running but got up to 7 % just like yesterday and then the screen went blank and the task manager showed that bigdump.php wasnt working . So i started again and it got up to 7 % again and stoped again .

Then i put the sql back up file here D:\Youtopia\Forum Backup . Tried to up load it and got the Error uploading file phpbb_db_backup.sql again .

I`ve tried starting with the bigdump.php and the sql back up in the dump file and with only the bigdump.php in the dump file and uploading the sql back up from other locations and the result is the same .

This is getting STRANGE so if we cant get it going tonight i will start from scratch again tomorow and make screen shota and notes of every step and beam them up to my rapidsh..... acount and give you the adress so that you can check what i`m doing if thats OK with you .

You ceratainly have a lot of patience . THANKS .

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

I think i`ve found whats going wrong . This is what i`ve done and what happened . Can someone please help me ? If not xampp is there another software that i can use on windows XP Pro ? Has anyone got any experience with mounting a database backup of 850 mbs ? If so with what software ? And how ?

I changed the php.ini file in two places ---->

memory_limit = 3G
post_max_size = 1G

i also tried

memory_limit = 2G
post_max_size = 1G

The bigdump.php process starts but only goes up to 7% = 57.73 mbs every time and then it stops and i get a white screen . When i look at my phpbb2 the front page of my forum is there but if i click on a section there is nothing there . I watched the whole thing in the task manager and there is a task called HTTPD.EXE wich takes up 99% of the power of the computer and uses up to 529 kbs of memory and a second HTTPD:EXE that uses non of the CPU power but 42 kbs of memory and then bigdump crashes . I have altered the bigdump.php file exactly how i was told here .

The config.php file contains this --->

$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbname = 'phpbb2';
$dbuser = 'root';
$dbpasswd = '';

In bigdump.php i have ---->

$linespersession = 3000;
$delaypersession = 300;

$db_connection_charset = 'utf8';

When i try to do it with the comand line ---->

C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql.exe -u root phpbb_ < "C:\xampp\htdocs\phpbb2\dump\phpbb_db_backup.sql"

i get this ---->

ERROR 1049 <42000>: unknown database ´phpbb_`

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

The database name is phpbb2, not phpbb_

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

Thanks . i noticed that too days ago so i tried it with phpbb2 and phpbb2_ but it still didnt work . It doesnt matter what combination of that comand i have used either it gives the reply i gave above or it says it cant find that data base or nothing hapens exept the blinking - drops down a line .

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

When the blinking - drops down a line, it is working. Give it time.

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

WoW !!!! Thanks . I`ve got the task manager on the screen and mysqi.exe is doing something and msqdd.exe is doing something = 35% or more of the cpu power . If this works the offer goes up to two crates of beer .

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

It ran for a bit and then it stoped and this message apeared in the cmd window ---->

ERROR 1062 <23000> at line 1523525: duplicate entry ´H` for key ´PRIMARY`

The H in that isnt exactly whats in that line but its as near to the symbol there as i can get . So i killed the phpbb2 installation and the phpbb2 database and made a new database and installation with the same details and it ran but after a bit i got the same message ????

I tried to look at the backup with notepad++ but it took ages to load and when i try to move down to that line it freezes or only moves one line .

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

What is the size of the database backup file?

Also, can you paste the error message? To paste from the command line, click the icon on the far left of the title bar, then choose Edit, then click the icon again and Edit Copy. Then paste here.

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

The phpbb_db_backup.sql is 878.779 kbs.

The cmd screen says ----->

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator>C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql.exe -u roo
t phpbb2 < "C:\xampp\htdocs\phpbb2\dump\phpbb_db_backup.sql"
ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 1523525: Duplicate entry '├▒' for key 'PRIMARY'

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator>

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”