Unable to change parent on new install 3.0.7

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
SpaceDoG

Unable to change parent on new install 3.0.7

Post by SpaceDoG »

I just installed 3.0.7PL and I am unable to change forums from the default install category/forum. I've purged the cache to no avail.
ameeck
Former Team Member

Re: Unable to change parent on new install 3.0.7

Post by ameeck »

What does unable to mean? An error message? Redirect without a message?
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

ameeck unable means unable. There is no error message it's just not listing the other forums/catagories in the drowndown box for the parent selection. All I see is No Parent, Your first catagory, and Your first forum. I've added forums and catagories but get nothing.
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

It would appear to be a permissions issue. Since the admin group had no permissions it could not be seen in the forum manage. Once I granted full access I was able to view them in the drop down selection. I'm not entirely sure that this is 100% intentional and it could be a bug...
Jotne

Post by Jotne »

I did see this too.
I was not able to see some of my category and to place forum under them. So I did just remove them and created new once. Not user if it had some to do with rights, but admin should be able to see them in the drop down list as parents regards if i has permission to see it or not, since this is in admin panel.
It may be a bug?
Don’t feed the Troll
Molde Cycleklubb - - http://www.moldeck.no
HP41.org - - http://forum.hp41.org
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

There's a bug in 3.0.7 where you have to set permissions on a parent category for it to be available as such (you didn't use to have to do that). It's been fixed for the next release.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”