Forum problem: Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Mcfester

Forum problem: Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime

Post by Mcfester »

My forum suddenly has this across the top:

Code: Select all

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/petethomas/domains/otra.org.uk/public_html/forum/common.php  on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
This is version 3, I want to update but before doing that I want to get this issue sorted. With this problem, I cannot access the ACP.

Help!

Does anyone know what the problem is please?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Forum problem: Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_run

Post by stevemaury »

Please fill out the Support Request Template Generator and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Mcfester

Post by Mcfester »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.0
What is your board's URL? http://www.otra.org.uk/forum/
Who do you host your board with? OnlineNIC
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
What styles do you currently have installed? Prosilver, subsilver, ndesign
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
When did your problem begin? Today or earlier
Please describe your problem. Forum has the following at the top, and I cannot access the ACP:

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/petethomas/domains/otra.org.uk/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 3988 $)
Last edited by Mcfester on Thu May 20, 2010 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

That's a bug which is possibly related to the php version that was fixed a long time ago.
http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/54495

Updating would be a good idea.

As you have no MODs
*NOTE: Before proceeding backup all files and the database.*
  • Upload all new files from a download of the full version, except for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
  • Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
  • Let that run and then delete the install folder.
  • You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts but without any MODs that you might have had installed.
You will also need to look for a 3.0.7 version of your ndesign style.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
Mcfester

Post by Mcfester »

I did not update because the PHPMYadmin seemed to have problems when I tried to make a database backup, so I believe the problem is to do with the host.

I contacted them, but they have not replied, so I went back to an older database on a different host (Zen Internet) which worked fine making a backup, and now link the site via a frameset to the forum hosted in a directory on Zen.

It's not ideal as I hate framesets, but at least I managed to update and got my board running (almost)
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

It is not necessary to backup the database in order to update.

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Is your nDesign style up to date? I can't find a version newer than 3.0.0.

An easy way to check if that's your admin panel issue is to switch back to prosilver and see if you can get in.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
Mcfester

Post by Mcfester »

Yes, but I can't get to the admin control panel to change styles. I was going to try that before updating.
Mcfester

Post by Mcfester »

stevemaury wrote:It is not necessary to backup the database in order to update.
Maybe not, but I would feel happier if I can make a backup. Best to be on the safe side
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Mcfester wrote:Yes, but I can't get to the admin control panel to change styles. I was going to try that before updating.
Mcfester wrote:The second post is about not being able to login in to ACP, not about the error.

However I have since solved that by deleting cookies. (That was easy).

????????????

Mcfester

Post by Mcfester »

stevemaury wrote:
Mcfester wrote:Yes, but I can't get to the admin control panel to change styles. I was going to try that before updating.
Mcfester wrote:The second post is about not being able to login in to ACP, not about the error.

However I have since solved that by deleting cookies. (That was easy).

????????????
I can see why you are puzzled.

To summarise: I now have two installations of the forum

(a) original host. Error (as above). can't log in.

Therefore :

(b) temporary fix: using old database on different host (Zen Internet). Link to site on host (a) using a frameset. All works, but had small issue with logging in, but seemed to be solved by deleting cookies.

I still want ideally to get the forum working on the original host so I don't have to have the frameset, and I still can't get into the ACP of that installation.

I hope that makes sense.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

What happens when you try to get into the ACP?

Mcfester

Post by Mcfester »

stevemaury wrote:What happens when you try to get into the ACP?
I just the admin control panel, but with nothing but the error message:

Code: Select all

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/petethomas/domains/otra.org.uk/public_html/forumold/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
There is also link to admin index but nothing happens when I click on it.

This installation is now at

otra.org.uk/forumold
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Well, as Kevin said, that is a known bug and can be fixed by updating. You can use the Support Toolkit to change the style to prosilver.

What happens when you try to backup the database in phpMyAdmin?

Mcfester

Post by Mcfester »

stevemaury wrote:Well, as Kevin said, that is a known bug and can be fixed by updating. You can use the Support Toolkit to change the style to prosilver.

What happens when you try to backup the database in phpMyAdmin?
When I import into a new dadatabase I get this:
• localhost xxxxxxxx_test2
• Error
• There is a chance that you may have found a bug in the SQL parser. Please examine your query closely, and check that the quotes are correct and not mis-matched. Other possible failure causes may be that you are uploading a file with binary outside of a quoted text area. You can also try your query on the MySQL command line interface. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem. If you still have problems or if the parser fails where the command line interface succeeds, please reduce your SQL query input to the single query that causes problems, and submit a bug report with the data chunk in the CUT section below:
• ----BEGIN CUT----
• eNpzDQryD7JScDZUcDZS8HH1s1IwUDBUMLHkCg4BCstzcQWHAcVUPFNUuHwrgwN9rBRM9Qz1TMy4
• QoODFPyDdRQc3V39QnQUwlyByn0TkxXcXZ29/RUM9Sy5AnwdrRSM9Yz1jLgCPAJAKnT8g0H6gSIK
• Ppl5pRVcPo5+7lYKqXm6pSVpuhZcYPPluzkYwID5zd/XVXfcJml0/Xu/vGHvObnA7Okad/Q/VdwR
• cfV8I6bvHPStovS8u3qDi2BS6EKWkImLvsc9T702e426NQDJjkE6
• ----END CUT----
• ----BEGIN RAW----
• ERROR: C1 C2 LEN: 0 1 49
• STR:

• SVN: $Id$
• MySQL: 5.1.46
• USR OS, AGENT, VER: Mac GECKO 1.9
• PMA: 3.3.2
• PHP VER,OS: 5.3.2 Linux
• LANG: en-utf-8
• SQL: ����������z�F�(��燎��Qk�(�/�x�EI�/CR�xu�G'�DbU�T���^�e֛�';
• ----END RAW----

• SQL query:
• ����������z�F�(��燎��Qk�(�/�x�EI�/CR�xu�G'�DbU�T���^�e֛�';
• MySQL said:
• #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '‹' at line 1
• [ Back ]

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”