Blocking signatures and PMs for newly registered users

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
buksida

Blocking signatures and PMs for newly registered users

Post by buksida » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:49 am

I've tried editing the group permissions for "newly registered users" to turn off signatures and PMs until they've made ten posts and are moved into the "registered users" group automatically with these functions available.

However when I login as a user with 4 posts I can still access PMs and signatures. How can I stop new users accessing these two functions?

I've also noticed that disabling the signature for individual members doesn't work ... they just put it back again!

Thx

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Blocking signatures and PMs for newly registered users

Post by stevemaury » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:26 am

Are you using Never permissions in the Newly registered users group? You need to.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

buksida

Re: Blocking signatures and PMs for newly registered users

Post by buksida » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:59 am

Thanks for the reply, just went in and changed it to 'Never'.

Logged in with my newbie account and could still add a signature and access PMs.
Basically I'd like to stop any new members with less than ten posts posting any links whatsoever.

Edit: realised my newbie member was in the "registered users" group. Changed him to "newly registered users" and now no PMs or sig but now he can't view anything and gets the message "This board has no forums".

Edit 2: got it, forum permissions, all forums, newly registered users, and switch them all from "no role assigned" to "newly registered user".

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”