Error message

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
csat

Error message

Post by csat »

Hiya
OK, I know that i shouldn't post in here about errors specific to mods, however, this is an error that occurs regardless of which mod I install so posting in the mod queries section won't help me. I hope it's ok to post my query in here.
Basically, whenever I add a mod of any kind I get the following error. This has happened on 2 mods so far (automod and primetime). As far as I can make out the error is saying that I don't have a sql database table called phpbb_content_types. I haven't deleted any tables so I don't know how this could have happened. Any support at all on how I correct this error would be GREATLY appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'csatorguk_471455_db1.phpbb_content_types' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT c.*, m.module_mode, m.module_langname, m.module_auth FROM phpbb_content_types c, phpbb_modules m WHERE m.module_id = c.content_id AND m.module_enabled = 1 ORDER BY m.left_id ASC

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: modules/core/functions_core.php
LINE: 316
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: modules/content/cms_content.php
LINE: 57
CALL: cms_get_content_types()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 525
CALL: cms_content->main()

FILE: index.php
LINE: 58
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Last edited by ric323 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Re: Error message

Post by tbackoff »

The phpbb_content_types table is not a standard phpBB3 table. It looks like a table required by a CMS you installed (or tried to install).
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
csat

Post by csat »

ok i can't seem to undo the cms mod so im gonna have to start from scrathc again. oh dear lol
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

csat wrote:ok i can't seem to undo the cms mod so im gonna have to start from scrathc again. oh dear lol
Well, you shouldn't have to start from scratch with the database, just the files. Upload fresh copies of phpBB files and copy the old config.php file (the one you have now) into the directory with the new files. The config.php file contains the database connection details and will tell phpBB where to connect. That will preserve your data and give you a fresh start with the codebase.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
csat

Post by csat »

thanks i did that and it all worked fine :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”