Several problems

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
therp

Several problems

Post by therp »

Hi,
I just upgraded to 3.0.7 PL1 from 3.0.6. The upgrade was flawless and no errors came up during or after. Recently though, I've been facing several problems.

First, the "Mass Email" function does not send mass emails -although no error is produced when sending it. That is, the forum confirms sending the mails, but it doesn't send them.

Second, When trying to register a new account, one gets to the "Agree to terms" page, then a blank page comes up. No one is able to register as a result.

Third, I have 2 tabs in the ACP that display a general error when clicked: the "Mods" tab and the "ACP_CAT_MODS" tab. The error for the first is:

Code: Select all

General Error
Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_altt.php

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster
And for the second is:

General Error
Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_mods.php

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster
For now, I have disabled both tabs through the Module Management/ACP. I'm assuming these errors are coming up because some files are somehow missing from my installation and that I should find them in the original package and put them in place in my installation. Am I correct on that?

Fourth, the forum has lots of topics using video on YouTube. I utilize the [video] BBCode. After the upgrade, I have redefined the video BBCode as before

[video]{TEXT}[/video]
AND

<script type="text/javascript" src="video.php?link={TEXT}"></script>
...for the HTML Replacement.

This was working smoothly before the upgrade. No videos are displaying on the site now though.

The upgrade is still new -24 hours or so- so I'm almost sure more issues will come up that I'll address as they arise.

If you need to try anything, the forum's link is http://www.TruthKnights.com.

Your time and help are highly appreciated.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Several problems

Post by stevemaury »

2. This is almost certainly due to your style having not also been updated to the version of phpbb. To test this, set the default style for the Anonymous user to prosilver and test.

3. Neither of these files is from phpbb so you need to get them from whatever MOD they came from.

4. You need to reparse the BBCode using the Support Toolkit. But before you do that, change {TEXT} to {SIMPLETEXT} for security reasons.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
therp

Post by therp »

Thanks a lot Steve.

No ideas on the first point of "Mass Email"?
2. This is almost certainly due to your style having not also been updated to the version of phpbb. To test this, set the default style for the Anonymous user to prosilver and test.
I reuploaded the style for the new version -refreshing everything from the ACP- but that didn't fix it.
3. Neither of these files is from phpbb so you need to get them from whatever MOD they came from.
I did have a bunch of modules on the previous installation. Is there a way to remove these remaining traces of the mods to have a clean installation? I went through an stk database cleanup which resulted in a tragedy. The db was ruined, and I had to re-upload the backup. Anything else you can think of?
4. You need to reparse the BBCode using the Support Toolkit. But before you do that, change {TEXT} to {SIMPLETEXT} for security reasons.
Thank you. I changed TEXT to SIMPLETEXT as advised. But I don't think it's a matter of reparsing BBCodes. I did edit a bunch of posts and resubmitted them manually, but nothing changed. I tried reparsing through STK anyway and it generated an error!
Last edited by therp on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

therp wrote:
Thank you. I changed TEXT to SIMPLETEXT as advised. But I don't think it's a matter of reparsing BBCodes. I did edit a bunch of posts and resubmitted them manually, but nothing changed. I tried reparsing through STK anyway and it generated an error!
Please post a link to a message on your board which you had reposted, and also a screen capture of the bbcode setup screen for that bbcode.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
therp

Post by therp »

ric323 wrote:
therp wrote:
Please post a link to a message on your board which you had reposted, and also a screen capture of the bbcode setup screen for that bbcode.
Here's one: http://www.truthknights.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=312

Image attached.
video.jpg
video.jpg (45.82 KiB) Viewed 706 times
Thank you for taking the time.

Edit:Just noticed that after the db restoration the code was set back to [TEXT] instead of [SIMPLETEXT]. Fixed this now for security -not that it had an impact on the problem.
ric323
Former Team Member

Post by ric323 »

If it's a URL you are passing in the field, you should use "{URL}" as the identifier.
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
therp

Post by therp »

Thanks ric. I'm not trying to post a URL. I'm trying to get the video from this URL played inside the topic. Been working for over a year now, just till 2 days ago when I moved to a new host and upgraded to 3.0.7.
ric323
Former Team Member

Post by ric323 »

therp wrote:Thanks ric. I'm not trying to post a URL.
In the example post, you ARE placing a URL between the bbcode tags. The bbcode won't work unless you use an appropriate identifier for the type if information you are supplying.
Edit: and you can't add parameters to a URL like that.
See how it's done here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6#youtube1
by forcing the URL part of the text, and using SIMPLETEXT for just the ID.
therp

Post by therp »

OK this will sound too rookie I bet -but I am one. Would you kindly throw in an example? Do you mean it should be [video]http.....[/video] or...?

Do you have any idea why this was working just fine, then suddenly stopped? This -and all other- video topics weren't touched from before the upgrade. I simply clicked "Edit" then "Post" to check if the problem is with parsing.
therp

Post by therp »

OK. The YouTube tag worked -doesn't work between [center] tags though. I still don't understand why the [video] tag worked properly then suddenly stopped! If anyone has a clue, please share. Also help on the rest of the issues is much appreciated. Thanks.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

using this for the html replacement:

is a different method of doing youtube video bbcodes than what Ric is talking about.
I assume that video.php contains some type of javascript that does what the normal bbcode html replacement does.

I also assume that during your upgrade/move that you did not get that file moved over to the new server or whatever and that is why your old bbcode is not working.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
therp

Post by therp »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:using this for the html replacement:

is a different method of doing youtube video bbcodes than what Ric is talking about.
I assume that video.php contains some type of javascript that does what the normal bbcode html replacement does.

I also assume that during your upgrade/move that you did not get that file moved over to the new server or whatever and that is why your old bbcode is not working.

robert
Thank you Robert. You were right. It's the Video BBCode. Uploaded the file and now that part is solved. Any other bright ideas on the rest of the issues I have? :)

Thanks again.
therp

Post by therp »

OK I think this needs an update now that I've gotten a couple of problems out of the way Here's what I'm facing now:

The following is because my style has an issue. I tested and concluded that. I'm just putting it for reference in case it helps identify the problem.

1. When trying to register a new account, one gets to the "Agree to terms" page, then a blank page comes up. No one is able to register as a result.

2. When I tried to delete some PMs, again I got a blank page.

The problem that I think is irrelevant to the style issue is this:

The "Mass Email" function does not send mass emails -although no error is produced when sending it. That is, the forum confirms sending the mails, but it doesn't send them.

Any ideas?

If you need to try anything, the forum's link is http://www.TruthKnights.com.

Thank you in advance.
therp

Post by therp »

Anyone???
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Does all other email work? PM notification, subscription notification, registration activation, etc.?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”