Moderator users nick color and latest update

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
musiczoq

Moderator users nick color and latest update

Post by musiczoq »

Hi Gurus,
I am using PhpBB (3.0.7-PL1) with milky way red theme since last 4 months..many things are existed in phpbb according to my requirements but few things are missing or my lack knowledge of phpbb so that i can't do them...
firstly i am facing problem that users nick color
1 ) i made general moderator group and define green color for nick names (in admin panel ) and also assigns many users in this group but when user login in forum their nick color does not change , forum shows default user color...hence i am confused which group user created post...
2) i want to show latest topic in forum how i can do this..

Best Regard
Musiczoq.com
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Moderator users nick color and latest update

Post by ric323 »

musiczoq wrote: 1 ) i made general moderator group and define green color for nick names (in admin panel ) and also assigns many users in this group but when user login in forum their nick color does not change , forum shows default user color...hence i am confused which group user created post...
Uses can be members of more than one group, so you have to tell phpBB WHICH group to use for their colour etc.
Do this by setting that to be the "default group" for each of those users. You can do this quickly in the group member management page.
WHERE do you want to show it?
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
musiczoq

Post by musiczoq »

thanks buddy nick color problem has been solved by your valuable solution.
i have made forum latest update there i want to show latest topic and also i want to track my user through google analytics ,I have place my google analytics script in overallheader.html file but no tracking found in google analytics..where i will place my analytics code in phpbb files..

thanks
musiczoq.com
ric323
Former Team Member

Post by ric323 »

Did you refresh your template (in the styles pages) after editing that file?
Can't see changes editing styles? Changes have disappeared?
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
musiczoq

Post by musiczoq »

now only one problem is remained.The problem is that i want to show latest topic/Post on forum board index so therefore i made latest post category in forum there i want to show latest post how can i do this ,i am using phpbb 3.0.7-PL1 with milky way red theme
stewiek

Post by stewiek »

ric323 wrote:
musiczoq wrote: 1 ) i made general moderator group and define green color for nick names (in admin panel ) and also assigns many users in this group but when user login in forum their nick color does not change , forum shows default user color...hence i am confused which group user created post...
Uses can be members of more than one group, so you have to tell phpBB WHICH group to use for their colour etc.
Do this by setting that to be the "default group" for each of those users. You can do this quickly in the group member management page.
WHERE do you want to show it?

Hi,

I don't quite get it how to make the Global Moderators user name in green.
I checked and all the users Newly Registered Users and Registered users are in "User Default" group.

what do i do?
ric323
Former Team Member

Post by ric323 »

In your ACP, go to the "USERS AND GROUPS" page.
Under "GROUPS", click on "Manage groups"
Under "Predefined groups", to the right of "Global moderators", click on "Members"
Bottom right corner of the list of members, click on "Select all"
If there is anyone in that list who should NOT get this colour (e.g. administrators), untick their check boxes.
Change the "Select option" dropdown to "Make group default for member"
Click on "Submit"
stewiek

Post by stewiek »

Got it ! thanks
kkks

Post by kkks »

ric323 wrote: Uses can be members of more than one group, so you have to tell phpBB WHICH group to use for their colour etc.
Thank you. It took me ages to fix this.
SillyDog701: Netscape Browser Archive | Browser Version Guide | Message Centre | MacCentre701
MozInfo - Mozilla Information Centre

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”