no CAPTCHA after update

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
CarolC1

Re: no CAPTCHA after update

Post by CarolC1 »

The FlyerFly wrote:okay...maybe i was wording my request wrong. what i was hoping for was an editing guide, much like the ones you use for MODs. the type that will take you through each file edit step by step. i was hoping to be able to go through each file effected by the update and manually apply the code edits. does such a thing exist? i couldnt find it in the changed files package.
OK...if you are talking about the code changes downloaded from here

http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/olympus. ... 0.6&code=1

it has an old-fashioned list of edit instructions (Find and Replace, etc.) that will work just fine, it's just not ModX format. If you unzip the download and click the ProSilver folder (for example) you will see a text file. On my computer it opens automatically in Notepad and is pretty unreadable...I can read it if I open it in my file editor program. It is also easy to read if you open it in Notepad, select all, copy and paste it into Word.

(I hope that's what you meant, if not I'm sorry.)
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

acidtech is based on either prosilver or subsilver I am not sure which.

once you figure out which, then get the style updates for that one. then apply them to acidtech instead.

you might run into a few things that give you some problems but usually not many.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
CarolC1

Post by CarolC1 »

OK...found it.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... d#p6019585
Raimon wrote:Yes AcidTech is subsilver2 based.
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Post by Pit$Bull »

If anyone had bothered to look it states Subsilver2 in the style.cfg in the below link. :roll:
Pit$Bull wrote:
The FlyerFly wrote: BTW...how did you know that the version of acidtech i was using was outdated?
http://flyerflies.com/forum/styles/acidtech/style.cfg
CarolC1

Post by CarolC1 »

The FlyerFly

Post by The FlyerFly »

OK...after the style update, reinstallation of many of my MODs, and some additional style tweaking, I'm happy to say that everything seems to be back in order. over the course of the this process, I had also discovered that polls were no longer working. I had figured that it was also because of the style update, so i didnt bother bringing it up til now.

One last question though...

I have been using phpBB since 2007, and prior to this i had never had to manually update my style version. I'm assuming it always just happened as part of my usual forum update. But what made this time different? And will I have to separately update my style each time now? :shock:
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

There were more than the usual number of style changes in the last few versions, many because of new features. But, yes, if you use a 3rd party style and the author does not update, you will have to.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Post by Pit$Bull »

The only styles that have ever been updated by the auto update are the default Prosilver and Subsilver2 styles.
Third party styles are the responsibility of the user. Prior to 3.0.6 style versions didn't have to match the board versions.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”