Creating category?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Linda Carter

Creating category?

Post by Linda Carter » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:50 pm

I tried to create a new category in the last phpBB 3 and wasn't able to. I just edited the already created by the system and inserted new forums but when I created a new forum and then edited to "Category" it wasn't displayed in my board. The same for the new forum/section I created for this new category. Is there something else I should have done it?

BTW I am using subSilver2 template.
"Whoever has not known himself has known nothing. But whoever has known himself has simultaneously achieved knowledge about the depth of all things."

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Creating category?

Post by ric323 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:06 pm

Empty Categories are not displayed until they contain some forums.
You must give these Categories some permissions before you can select them as a "Parent" for another forum.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Einh

Post by Einh » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:15 am

Sorry to butt in, but I had this before and it had me confused too! You need to set permissions for your category before it will be recognised (and displayed in the "parent" dropdown menu)

Hope this helps!

Edit: didn't read the permissions part in the above poster's post. My bad. You can delete this :(

Linda Carter

Post by Linda Carter » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Thank you all, it was the permissions that were preventing the category to appear on the main page.
"Whoever has not known himself has known nothing. But whoever has known himself has simultaneously achieved knowledge about the depth of all things."

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”