Errors

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
hotrod37uk

Errors

Post by hotrod37uk »

I have installed phpBB 3.0.7-PL1, Database server:MySQL 5.0.91-community, and all was working well.

I now get the following fault when trying to upload an avatar from an outside url. The dims and sizes of avatars is ok. also the board now refuses to let me upload gif images even though I did to begin with.

I have changed nothing so am a little confused. Please be not to advanced with any replies as I am a n00b.

Thank you

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_upload.php on line 811: tempnam() [function.tempnam]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/hotrod:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
d1m0

Re: Errors

Post by d1m0 »

Obviously open_basedir is enabled and your phpBB folder is not included in it. You can add by creating a php.ini file containing:

Code: Select all

open_basedir = /path/to/your/phpbb
The other alternative is to disable open_basedir for your account. However, depending on your host's setup, modifying PHP settings can be done either through a php.ini file (as shown above), through an .htaccess file, or may even be forbidden.

This is why it would be best to contact your host for assistance. They know their setup and will be able to provide exact instructions on how to resolve the problem.
SiteGround Technical Support Team Member
Check out our special phpBB hosting package
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

The suffix you're using on your avatar (such as jpg or gif) is not allowed in the tmp directory by your hosts. you need to ask them to fix it.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
hotrod37uk

Post by hotrod37uk »

I have managed to work round it using PHP open_basedir Tweak in WHM.

Thanks as I would never have looked at that without your advice.

One more minor problem, the board only accepts jpg upoads as avatars and not gifs. Is there a way round it other than linking off site which does work.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

If it's the same error just ask your hosts to allow it in the temp folder. It's not an unusual request to them.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”