403 error when editing a post

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
fannin

403 error when editing a post

Post by fannin »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.5
What is your board's URL? http://www.silentredemption2.com/phpBB3
Who do you host your board with? WebHero
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.0
What styles do you currently have installed? Prosilver, subsilver2, Black Pearl
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? test
What password can be used to view this issue? tester123
When did your problem begin? It started two days ago. It had been working fine and then something changed on the server which they claim has been resolved. Their fix did resolve most other issues we had since they made the change.
Please describe your problem. Since the change to the server and the correction, anyone trying to edit a post receives the 403 error when submitting the edit change. I haven't found another place where this is an issue it seems to be just when saving an edited post that this problem happens.

We did not make any changes to our board between the time it was working and when it was not working. It has been working fine for at least a year. We've tried everything, the UNIX file protections are set correctly.
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 4502 $)
soumik

Re: 403 error when editing a post

Post by soumik »

It's your host's mod_security being tripped when you are editing posts because of some badly configured rule. You'll have to contact them regarding this issue.

Alternatively, add this to a .htaccess file at the root of your forum and remove it if you get internal server errors :

Code: Select all

SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off