Hosting account and giving someone founder admin privelege

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Gereem

Hosting account and giving someone founder admin privelege

Post by Gereem »

I have a friend that co-runs a forum with me and since he doesn't really know how to use the admin control panel that well, I set up a fresh forum and gave him a founder admin account. (on the same website but different subdirectory than the main forum - and a fresh new database as well)

I have hosting with godaddy. He won't be able to somehow mess up my other hosting stuff tied to my godaddy account right? (Not that he's the type of person to know how to, but just wanted to know and for instance of future situations.)

thanks.

blakebowling

Re: Hosting account and giving someone founder admin privele

Post by blakebowling »

the phpBB founder permission only allows the user to do things and change settings inside phpBB. It has nothing to do with your hosting control panel.

d1m0

Post by d1m0 »

If you haven't provided your friend with FTP access to your main directory, or you haven't set his phpBB MySQL configuration to run with a master MySQL account that has access to all your databases, you should be OK.
SiteGround Technical Support Team Member
Check out our special phpBB hosting package

Gereem

Post by Gereem »

thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”