Moving all users into a group.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Brian O'Kelly

Moving all users into a group.

Post by Brian O'Kelly » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:58 pm

We upgraded from phpbb2 to phpbb3.
Everything looks good except for some reason we have about 200 users who aren't in any group. I can't figure out how to isolate them to move into a group so...

I want to move ALL users into the Registered User Group and there by bringing the lost souls back into a group. Is there a way to do this?

Or is there a way to find users who aren't in any group at all?

Thanks

Brian O'Kelly

Re: Moving all users into a group.

Post by Brian O'Kelly » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Is there an entry I can make in the Add Users Box to add ALL members into a group?

Right now I can only add 50 at a time from the Find a Member Link. And to get to page 40 of the users is not very easy!

TheDani

Post by TheDani » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Bump!

I have over 5000 members, but only 173 are in Registered users group. The rest are in no groups. How do I move all the remaining to Registered users group? Can this be done with ACP, or is there a easy query for this like UPDATE phpbb_users SET group_id=8 ?

Edit: Solved! This is how I fixed it: First logged in to phpmyadmin. Many users where assigned to group_id 2, but looking at phpbb_group, there were no groups with that id. Registered users is id 8.
I ran these queries:
UPDATE phpbb_users SET group_id=8 WHERE group_id=2;
UPDATE phpbb_user_group SET group_id=8 WHERE group_id=2;
Last edited by TheDani on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:58 pm

TheDani wrote:Bump!

I have over 5000 members, but only 173 are in Registered users group. The rest are in no groups. How do I move all the remaining to Registered users group? Can this be done with ACP, or is there a easy query for this like UPDATE phpbb_users SET group_id=8 ?
you probably should start a new topic for this instead of bumping a three year old topic.

when you do, Please fill out the Support Request Template Generator and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”