[Split] Issues with attachments and cookies after server

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
gamecharmer

[Split] Issues with attachments and cookies after server

Post by gamecharmer »

Sorry to resurrect a dead topic, but I just changed webhosts and all of my attachments are now junk.

All CHMOD settings are set in accordance with the above settings from the link provided. When a user attaches a new file, the attachment box is blank and the file never hits the server (as far as I can tell). Also, most of my previous attachments, despite being transferred via binary, are now corrupt. A few of the attachments still work, but the majority are trashed. Pictures show up crazy, and my zip files are corrupt.

My previous home path was /home/user/files. It has since been changed to /home8/user2/files. Everything else is working fine except that the attachments are trashed.

I am running phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 with an updated theme.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Re: Issues with attachments and cookies after server migrati

Post by Pit$Bull »

Pit$Bull wrote: Your attachment issue could be caused by not uploading the files folder using binary. Be sure your FTP client recognizes files with no extensions and uploads these files using binary format.
Please fill out the Support Request Template Generator and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
gamecharmer

Re: [Split] Issues with attachments and cookies after server

Post by gamecharmer »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.7-PL1
What is your board's URL? http://mudgrinders.com/phpBB3/
Who do you host your board with? Blue Host
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.7
What MODs do you have installed? Too many to count
What styles do you currently have installed? Black_Pearl
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
When did your problem begin? After migration from Lunarpages to Bluehost
Please describe your problem. All attachments are broken. I transferred my attachments from one host to the other via binary, and most of them are now corrupt. I don't care so much about the corrupt files at the moment. The issue at hand is that no new attachments can be added.
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 4502 $)
gamecharmer wrote:...despite being transferred via binary...
I don't care about the broken attachments. The members of the board have the files ready to be re-uploaded. The issue now is that the board won't display any new attachments.
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member

Post by Pit$Bull »

Please explain the following in more detail.
gamecharmer wrote: My previous home path was /home/user/files. It has since been changed to /home8/user2/files.
Please note: Your style 'Black_Pearl' is for board version 3.0.6 and needs to be updated.
Board and style versions must match.
gamecharmer

Post by gamecharmer »

Pit$Bull wrote:Please explain the following in more detail.
gamecharmer wrote: My previous home path was /home/user/files. It has since been changed to /home8/user2/files.
The path on the server to my phpBB3 install was previously /home/user/public_html/phpBB3/
meaning that index.php was located at /home/user/public_html/phpbb3/index.php
The new server uses a different path. The new path is /home8/user2/public_html/phpbb3/index.php
Pit$Bull wrote:Please note: Your style 'Black_Pearl' is for board version 3.0.6 and needs to be updated.
Board and style versions must match.
I have never had issues with the style, so I don't see why that would matter. I have been uploading files with the same style since that board started. Moving to a new host, however, has broken the uploads to the server.

For the sake of argument, however, I have updated the style and see no changes to the attachment process. I still can't attach any new files.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

gamecharmer wrote: Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Are you allowing unregistered guests to upload attachments?
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member

Post by Pit$Bull »

ACP->server settings->check path listed (see attached)

Check your file permissions Knowledge Base - phpBB3 Chmod Permissions
Server settings - Mozilla Firefox_2010-10-27_06-18-53.png
Server settings - Mozilla Firefox_2010-10-27_06-18-53.png (15.21 KiB) Viewed 552 times
gamecharmer

Post by gamecharmer »

Brf wrote:
gamecharmer wrote: Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Are you allowing unregistered guests to upload attachments?
I figured it would be easy to see that the attachments are not working with or without an account. I can create a phpBB test account if you would like me to.

Pit$Bull wrote:ACP->server settings->check path listed (see attached)

Check your file permissions Knowledge Base - phpBB3 Chmod Permissions
Server settings - Mozilla Firefox_2010-10-27_06-18-53.png
Those paths are correct. File permissions are correct as well.

Oddly enough, the avatars are working properly, just not attachments.

UPDATE:
I added 3 attachments to this post
http://mudgrinders.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 2512#p2512

The files made it onto the server with 0600 permissions. I changed it to 644 to see if there is any difference, and there is none, so I don't think it's a server permission issue at this point.

UPDATE 2:
I checked the phpbb_attachments table to see if the attachments were recorded. All of the proper information is filled out in the table, so I think we can rule out MySQL bugs.

UPDATE 3:
I replaced the download/file.php file with a stock version from the phpBB3.0.7-pl1 download. This has had no effect as well.

UPDATE 4:
Placing attachments in-line works! For whatever reason, attachments not in line don't work yet. I'm beginning to suspect something odd happened to my attachment template file.

UPDATE 5:
I replaced the styles/black_pearl/template/attachment.html file with the stock attachment.html file from the subsilver2 theme from the phpBB3.0.7-pl1 package and purged the cache. This changed the display of the in-line attachment as I modified the attachment.html to add in image scaling and this mod is not present in vanilla files. Anyway, I reverted the change as that didn't fix this now weird issue. :(
Last edited by gamecharmer on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Try clearing your forum's cache. Strange, I am not seeing the <tr></tr> that I would expect to see for each attachment, even if the attachment_body was empty. It is as if the "attachment" loop is empty.
gamecharmer

Post by gamecharmer »

Done and done bud. I even cleared the cache manually just to make sure things are working properly and nadda.

MySQL Output in CSV for the 3 attachments.
'351', '2512', '516', '0', '2', '0', '2_0558f7cfcf83e51d7b15d96ac38a7551', 'grinderlogo.jpg', '12', '', 'jpg', 'image/jpeg', '11498', '1288183991', '0'
'352', '2512', '516', '0', '2', '0', '2_90418199e98c16e45b20c5dcb539f957', 'destinations-and-how-to-get-there-28266-1287431894-7.jpg', '12', '', 'jpg', 'image/jpeg', '101602', '1288184005', '0'
'353', '2512', '516', '0', '2', '0', '2_5a24f578f9098ccd813adc4b2138e2cd', 'chart.png', '12', '', 'png', 'image/png', '713', '1288184027', '0'

Oddly, shouldn't the second entry have a value of 1 for In Message?

UPDATE:
For whatever reason, the attachments show up when replying to the message...
gamecharmer

Post by gamecharmer »

Bumpity Bump.

Any clue anyone? I'm still completely lost. :(

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”