Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Davidwarr

Post by Davidwarr »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.7-PL1
What is your board's URL? http://www.irelandscoarsefishing.com
Who do you host your board with? digiweb.ie
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
What MODs do you have installed? ACP Add User MOD
ACP Overwrite Module
Activity Stats MOD
Advertisement Management
Anti All Uppercase Letters
Anti Bot Question
Authorized for URLs
Auto Groups MOD
Change User's Post Count
Full Quick Reply Editor
MOD Version Check
NV "who was here?"
Quick reply for phpBB3
ReIMG Image Resizer
SimpleMath CAPTCHA Plugin
Thanks for posts
Welcome PM on first Login (WPM)
mChat
phpBB3 Error Logging Tool
What styles do you currently have installed? Prosilver/ green vision / subsilver2
What language(s) is your board currently using? English uk
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? Testuser
What password can be used to view this issue? T3stu5er
When did your problem begin? I noticed the issue this morning when i checked the board
Please describe your problem. User's upload a new Avatar it's within the size allowed, all seems to work, however when we view their profile or posts the avatar is not being displayed.

I've checked on both Prosilver and our Custom style and the problem exists on both, On my local copy of the site the issue does not exist.

Previous problem was Cookie related last night, I resolved this, however since then avatar's are not displaying, it maybe coincidental ..
When i check the avatar url direcly e.g http://www.irelandscoarsefishing.com/ph ... 608416.jpg
I'm shown a page that simply displays the url.
I have not set up custom Gallery's as of yet.
Once final point, i've tested this in IE, FF, and Chrome.
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 4502 $)
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Avatar's not displaying

Post by Brf »

I am seeing your avatar OK if I browse directly to it with IExplore, but not with Firefox. That usually indicates some sort of encoding error or server error.

You have some problems with your style. I am getting javascript errors associated with the menu, and seeing some refresh errors that I have seen before when you try to remove the rounded corners incorrectly. Looking at your HTML, I see some extra </div>s.

Try switching back to prosilver or something and see if those style problems go away.
Davidwarr

Post by Davidwarr »

Brf wrote:I am seeing your avatar OK if I browse directly to it with IExplore, but not with Firefox. That usually indicates some sort of encoding error or server error.

You have some problems with your style. I am getting javascript errors associated with the menu, and seeing some refresh errors that I have seen before when you try to remove the rounded corners incorrectly. Looking at your HTML, I see some extra </div>s.

Try switching back to prosilver or something and see if those style problems go away.
Thanks Brf,

The extra div's i can clean up again, i had removed them as they were associated with Style width i believe, but readded them in case they were causing the issue.

I'll test prosilver with in Ie now and see, you mention Jscript error's can you tell me how i can see those my self ?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

In IExplore, you click the little yellow triangle error icon on the left of the bottom status bar.
In Firefox, choose the error console from the menu.
Davidwarr

Post by Davidwarr »

Brf wrote:In IExplore, you click the little yellow triangle error icon on the left of the bottom status bar.
In Firefox, choose the error console from the menu.
Perfect, I'll try and figure out exactally what i'm missing there also, only way for me to do that will be to compare the source theme to the current version :(

Just one thing, when i run this on my offline version that i use for editied/testing I can see all avatar's perfectly ..
Sierron
Name: Artur

Post by Sierron »

There is an extra line in your image at the beginning. This shouldn't be like this. Does you changed something on your file.php?
Last edited by Sierron on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Multilanguage TimeSplitters Site

If you need support, I suggest you to use the Support Request Template for your questions on this board. If you have some serious problems, the Support Toolkit can fix it (depends on the problem).
Davidwarr

Post by Davidwarr »

Sierron wrote:There is an extra line in your image at the beginning. This shouldn't be like this. Does you changed something on your file.php?
Hmm the image at the beginning, do you mean the redirect image at the front of the site ? the one with all the fish in the net ?

edit, I've not checked which way the images get uploaded actually .. i assume that and FTp client setting
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

If that is true, that probably indicates an extra line at the top of config.php or language/en/common.php
Sierron
Name: Artur

Post by Sierron »

If i open that image in Notepad from windows it looks normal, but if i open it in Notepad++ there is an extra line at the beginning of the image source code.
Brf wrote:If that is true, that probably indicates an extra line at the top of config.php or language/en/common.php
You were faster, but I'll post to show it :)
capture_01112010_132755.jpg
capture_01112010_132755.jpg (62.25 KiB) Viewed 245 times
Because I checked some common file formates like jpg, png and gif and they are all beginning at line 1 and not at line 2.
Last edited by Sierron on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Multilanguage TimeSplitters Site

If you need support, I suggest you to use the Support Request Template for your questions on this board. If you have some serious problems, the Support Toolkit can fix it (depends on the problem).
Davidwarr

Post by Davidwarr »

Brf wrote:If that is true, that probably indicates an extra line at the top of config.php or language/en/common.php
Bingo !!

Config.php had two extra lines that i had added last night when i was working on the cookie issue, one was to force cookie's and disable sid's iirc.

Fairplay guys, I'd have not spotted those if it wasnt for your help .. It's really appreciated :)
Davidwarr

Post by Davidwarr »

Sierron wrote:If i open that image in Notepad from windows it looks normal, but if i open it in Notepad++ there is an extra line at the beginning of the image quell code.
You were faster, but I'll post to show it :)
capture_01112010_132755.jpg
Because I checked some common file formates like jpg, png and gif and they are all beginning at line 1 and not at line 2.
Thanks Sierron, I wonder if this was caused by the Extra lines forcing cookie's ....

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”