Trying to rebuild the Search Index and get 500 error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide

Trying to rebuild the Search Index and get 500 error

Postby Praetorian Guard » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:15 am

Does anyone know why, or has had this issue? I keep getting a 500 internal server error. I have renamed my .htaccess files, not sure what else to try. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Praetorian Guard

Re: Trying to rebuild the Search Index and get 500 error

Postby Marshalrusty » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:53 am

Praetorian Guard wrote:Does anyone know why, or has had this issue? I keep getting a 500 internal server error. I have renamed my .htaccess files, not sure what else to try. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

It is likely due to resource limits set by your hosting company. If you have access to the error log on the server, you should be able to see exactly what the underling error is.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
Forumatic - Hassle-free phpBB Forum Hosting
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager

Name: Yuriy Rusko

Postby Praetorian Guard » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Marshalrusty wrote:
Praetorian Guard wrote:Does anyone know why, or has had this issue? I keep getting a 500 internal server error. I have renamed my .htaccess files, not sure what else to try. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

It is likely due to resource limits set by your hosting company. If you have access to the error log on the server, you should be able to see exactly what the underling error is.

Thanks. I contacted my provider, hopefully they will be able to give me a copy of the error log. Will post what I find.
Praetorian Guard

Postby Praetorian Guard » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:44 am

Here is the error log. How do I fix the problem???? Thanks!

[Mon Nov 22 19:40:08 2010] [error] [client xxxxxxx] (104)Connection reset by peer: FastCGI: comm with server "/var/chroot/home/content/xxx/html-x-httpd-php5" aborted: read failed

[Mon Nov 22 19:40:08 2010] [error] [client xxxxxxxxxxxx] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/var/chroot/home/content/xxxxxxxx/html-x-httpd-php5"

EDIT: Ok in the host control panel I changed from the FASTCGI to just normal php5x and it actually ran somewhat through the indexing. It then crapped out again, and this is what I get on my error log:

[Mon Nov 22 19:57:03 2010] [error] [client XXXXXXXXXXXXX] Premature end of script headers: /var/chroot/home/content/xxxxxxxxxx/html/forum/adm/index.php
Praetorian Guard

Postby Praetorian Guard » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:11 am

FIXED!!! For anyone interested you have to change as noted above from fast CGI to regular php5.x AND you also have to rename you php5.ini file to php.ini. Indexing worked perfect!!! As a side note, and maybe someone can answer this should I revert the settings back to fast cgi and rename the ini file back to php5.ini???? Thanks!
Praetorian Guard

Return to 3.0.x Support Forum