Install onto a Virtual Server

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
jnmann

Install onto a Virtual Server

Post by jnmann »

Does anyone run their forum on a virtual server? I recently changed over to one and have had a lot of problems. I'm convinced the install was ok (zip download and upload using FTP etc.) and problems have developed since.

My host company won't support this install and have told me I HAVE to use a debian install which is too complicated for me at this time.

Is there any reason why I would have to use a Debian instal against the install as detailed here?
zenpher

Re: Install onto a Virtual Server

Post by zenpher »

jnmann wrote:Does anyone run their forum on a virtual server? I recently changed over to one and have had a lot of problems. I'm convinced the install was ok (zip download and upload using FTP etc.) and problems have developed since.

My host company won't support this install and have told me I HAVE to use a debian install which is too complicated for me at this time.

Is there any reason why I would have to use a Debian instal against the install as detailed here?
What OS are you running the server on?
jnmann

Post by jnmann »

It's called Symbiosis through a company called Bytemark.co.uk, they list these options on the website as OS choices but my intial order states Symbiosis.

•Debian GNU/Linux (lenny, squeeze)
•Ubuntu (karmic, lucid)
•CentOS (4.8 and 5.4)
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Server configuration, OS installation, etc. are beyond the scope of this forum. In general, users re responsible for knowing how to configure VPS.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Server configuration, OS installation, etc. are beyond the scope of this forum. In general, users are responsible for knowing how to configure VPS.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”