BBCode options invisible when creating new post

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
PWG_Silverback

BBCode options invisible when creating new post

Post by PWG_Silverback »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.8
What is your board's URL? http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/forum/
Who do you host your board with? Sectorlink
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.6
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver, subsilver2
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? Test_Test
What password can be used to view this issue? 123test
When did your problem begin? After upgrading from 3.0.6 to 3.0.8.
Please describe your problem. It's a relatively minor problem, but I've noticed that the BBCode options are no longer visible when users (of any level) attempt to create a new post/reply to a post. If manually entered into the post, the BBCode still functions, it's just the options are not visible during post creation.

I've verified that BBCode is enable in General>Board Configuration>Post Settings, and my custom BBCodes still appear (and still function properly) in Posting>BBCodes, so I imagine I must have screwed something up when upgrading to 3.0.8 that makes the options invisible.

Also, while writing this up, I noticed that some of the default phpBB smilies are not displaying properly when creating/replying to a post. I've verified that the proper files are in the .../images/smilies/ folder, they're just not showing up. Another minor problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 4502 $)
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: BBCode options invisible when creating new post

Post by Brf »

It looks like your cached copy of posting_buttons.html is empty. Try clearing your forum's cache.
PWG_Silverback

Post by PWG_Silverback »

Brf wrote:It looks like your cached copy of posting_buttons.html is empty. Try clearing your forum's cache.
Thanks for the speedy reply. I cleared the cache both through the ACP and manually, and the BBCode options are still invisible to both my admin account and the standard user account.

I checked the file named "tpl_prosilver_posting_buttons.html.php" in the cache after purging (I assume that's the same as "posting_buttons.html"), and it looks like all the mission options are there, they're just not showing up during post creation.
azra

Post by azra »

I'm having the same problem, my bbcodes buttons are not showing up when posting, but they still work if put in manually. the problem is only with my style, as the buttons show up fine in prosilver.

which file would the problem be in?
azra :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”