changing from .com to .net

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
camoit

changing from .com to .net

Post by camoit »

How do I change the board from a .com to a .net with out access to the ACP? Some one has stolen our .com domain and is now redirecting our members. Please help.
Thank you in advance.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: changing from .com to .net

Post by Brf »

It is your domain registrar that controls your domain name.
PhpBB and its ACP have nothing to do with it.
camoit

Post by camoit »

I thought there was somthing in a file like the .config that needs to be changed so the board knows where to look for the database and all the links.
hxd

Post by hxd »

Are you sure your domain is stolen and has not just expired? People often think their domains have been stolen only because they have expired and display some ads. You need to contact your registrar/host and ask for their assistance.

If the domain has expired recently, you will be able to renew it and within a few hours your forum will be fully functional again.

If you have indeed lost ownership over the domain, it would be best to purchase it with another TLD such as .net. Again, you will have to contact your host/registrar about that.
Check out the phpBB hosting offer from HostKnox.com.
Free phpBB transfer, free phpBB installation and free phpBB upgrade.
camoit

Post by camoit »

Ya it was taken from us. So once we get our new domain of mightram50.net I will send out a mass PM. But I see that part of the text showes the new address but there is the link that says to view you message click the fallowing link. But it has the incorect domain of mightyram50.com. Where would I find the txt page page for this?
Thank you guys.
With out you would be lost like our .com domain
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin KB

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 'mightyram50.net' WHERE config_name = 'server_name';
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
camoit

Post by camoit »

Ok I changed the information but It still comes back like this. and not .net. Any ideas?

You can view your new message by clicking on the following link:

http://www.mightyram50.com/phpBB3/ucp.p ... lder=inbox

You have requested that you be notified on this event, remember that you
can always choose not to be notified of new messages by changing the
appropriate setting in your profile.
AGC

Post by AGC »

You need also change the cookie setting.
Clearing the cache doesn't hurt.
(phpBB 2.0.x): []Admin Topics List[] MOD. << Description & Download. , []Highlight Author[] MOD.

Donate-paypal
(phpBB 3.0.x)[ver] MODs: [RC1] >Import old *.pak files MOD. + . . .[8] > ACP - Modules Quick Access (MQA) MOD. + . . . [7-PL1] > Multi Smile (actions) MOD
camoit

Post by camoit »

i think i found it. there was the cookie setting and a server setting. I will know more after the .net domain is active.
Thanks guys.
camoit

Post by camoit »

OK Now I have a problem. I'm locked out of the front door of mightyram50.com and the mightyram50.net is a good domain but the hosting company is crap and havent changed the .com to . net. So is there a way to get into the board through a back door and change the cokie settings and server settings via ftp? If I could change the server settings to point to the mightyram50.net then the front door will open and I can get in the sitea acp. Any body got an idea?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”