Problem Deleting Attachments

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Acorn

Problem Deleting Attachments

Post by Acorn »

When I upload an attachment to a post and then try to delete the attachment I get a blank page in Firefox, and in Chrome I get the message "The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.mysite.co.uk/forums/posting. ... a096&t=304. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly."

If I submit the post, and then edit it I get the same problem when I try to delete the attachment, but if I use the browser back button and then refresh, the attachment will have gone. Doing this if I haven't submitted the post means I have to resubmit the data so the attachment gets added again, although I can use the browser button twice and get back to the point before I added it.

It appears, therefore, that the attachment is being deleted, but the page that I get to when I have deleted it is the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Getting braver all the time. :D
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Re: Problem Deleting Attachments

Post by tbackoff »

Please fill out the Support Request Template Generator and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
Acorn

Re: Problem Deleting Attachments

Post by Acorn »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.8
What is your board's URL? It's a private board. PM me if you need the url.
Who do you host your board with? Company server
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
What MODs do you have installed? Add User
Announcement Centre
Agree to privacy on first login
User Blog Mod
What styles do you currently have installed? Prosilver, Mobile, modified Subsilver2
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? No answer given
What password can be used to view this issue? No answer given
When did your problem begin? A long time ago. It isn't the result of a recent update.
Please describe your problem. When I upload an attachment to a post and then try to delete the attachment I get a blank page in Firefox, and in Chrome I get the message "The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.mysite.co.uk/forums/posting. ... a096&t=304. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly."

If I have submitted the post I can use the browser back button and then refresh, and the attachment will have gone, so it seems that the attachment is being deleted, but the page that I get to when I have deleted it is the problem.
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 4778 $)
Getting braver all the time. :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”