How Do You Save Just Members and Posts

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
abumslife

How Do You Save Just Members and Posts

Post by abumslife » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:41 pm

could someone direct me to some documentation on fresh installs... i wanna know how to save my members and threads(not the whole database)... i'd like to delete all my forum files and database and install a fresh version 3.0.8, without bringing back the whole database just in case there is something there i don't want... like an old mod... then return my members and threads

IggyZeph

Re: How Do You Save Just Members and Posts

Post by IggyZeph » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm currently attempting to do this myself. You need to export single tables at a time and place them into a freshly installed databse. So far I found that you'll need the following tables from your old db:

- phpbb_forums
- phpbb_forums_access
- phpbb_forums_track
- phpbb_forums_watch
- phpbb_users
- phpbb_user_group
- phpbb_groups
- phpbb_ranks
- phpbb_topics
- phpbb_topics_posted
- phpbb_topics_track
- phpbb_topics_watch
- phpbb_posts

I'm probably missing a lot, and I'm still in progress with migrating all these tables, so there might be someone who knows better how to do this. If not though, we can do this TOGETHER!

abumslife

Post by abumslife » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:07 pm

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=964985
* Report this post

Re: how to backup phpbb3

Postby CipriaN0 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:02 pm
hi, sorry for asking this here.

but how do i backup just the forum members/posts and forum topics ?
* Report this post

Re: how to backup phpbb3

Postby stevemaury » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:12 pm
You can do that from the ACP, Maintenance tab, Backup, by just selecting those tables - users, posts and topics. However, it will be very difficult to import just those tables into a working database if you need to do that later..
so, i'm still not sure how you clean your database up if you're no longer using all the tables... i'm just going to backup everything, reinstall, upload backup and see if i'm fully functional...

abumslife

Post by abumslife » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:23 pm

it is more confused now than it ever was... under the General Tab in Administration Control Panel... it says i'm running 3.0.8... i go to the System Tab and it says Your phpBB installation is not up to date. and i'm running 3.0.7-PL1 still...

i go to start a new thread and i get this
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Field 'post_edit_reason' doesn't have a default value [1364]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts (forum_id, poster_id, icon_id, poster_ip, post_time, post_approved, enable_bbcode, enable_smilies, enable_magic_url, enable_sig, post_username, post_subject, post_text, post_checksum, post_attachment, bbcode_bitfield, bbcode_uid, post_postcount, post_edit_locked, topic_id) VALUES (13, 2, 0, '174.25.192.92', 1297891330, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, '', 'test', 'test', '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', 0, '', '2zbuf7zr', 1, 0, 32409)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 175
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1985
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 1137
CALL: submit_post()

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:09 pm

You have several questions there.

What you have in the database is irrelevant and does not need to be deleted so long as the php files that use those tables is gone, as is the case for un-installed MODs.

It appears your update is incomplete.

Please fill out the Support Request Template Generator and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

abumslife

Post by abumslife » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 or 3.0.8 my board is confused and isn't really sure what it is
What is your board's URL? message me if it's relevent
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Do you have any MODs installed? No.. i have in the past
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.7
What styles do you currently have installed? proglass
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
When did your problem begin? trying to upgrade from 3.0.7 to 3.0.8
Please describe your problem. my problems are in order in the posts above... i have delete ALL forum files via ftp and i have delete the database my forum was on... i installed a fresh version of 3.0.8, uploaded my config file and the backup of my DB using dump... and my board still has the same errors + more than when i just tried to upgrade from 3.0.7... i have backed everything up from my hosts CP so i can go back to 3.0.7 with the broken upgrade

isn't there just a simple way to do a vanilla install of 3.0.8 and just put back my members and their posts?

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:42 pm

abumslife wrote:
isn't there just a simple way to do a vanilla install of 3.0.8 and just put back my members and their posts?
No. What about their groups, permissions, etc?

What are you trying to do and why? If it is to "clean" MOD database modifications, you do not need to do that.

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

abumslife

Post by abumslife » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:23 am

i'm trying to have a nice and clean working phpbb 3.0.8 message board with no more errors

when i tried to update, it stopped at "Unknown column 'user_points' in 'field list' [1054]" which someone suggested was a mod that was causing my upgrade to crash... i have no recollection of putting any points mod on my forums...

the errors i got when trying to upgrade are here http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2121485

this is the error i got when trying to update
Updating database to latest stable release

Database type :: mysql4
Previous version :: 3.0.7-PL1
Updated version :: 3.0.8

Updating database schema

Progress :: No updates required

Updating data

Progress ::
UPDATE phpbb_extension_groups SET group_name = 'ARCHIVES' WHERE group_name = 'Archives'
UPDATE phpbb_extension_groups SET group_name = 'DOCUMENTS' WHERE group_name = 'Documents'
UPDATE phpbb_extension_groups SET group_name = 'DOWNLOADABLE_FILES' WHERE group_name = 'Downloadable Files'
UPDATE phpbb_extension_groups SET group_name = 'FLASH_FILES' WHERE group_name = 'Flash Files'
UPDATE phpbb_extension_groups SET group_name = 'IMAGES' WHERE group_name = 'Images'
UPDATE phpbb_extension_groups SET group_name = 'PLAIN_TEXT' WHERE group_name = 'Plain Text'
UPDATE phpbb_extension_groups SET group_name = 'QUICKTIME_MEDIA' WHERE group_name = 'Quicktime Media'
UPDATE phpbb_extension_groups SET group_name = 'REAL_MEDIA' WHERE group_name = 'Real Media'
UPDATE phpbb_extension_groups SET group_name = 'WINDOWS_MEDIA' WHERE group_name = 'Windows Media'
UPDATE phpbb_modules SET module_auth = 'cfg_allow_avatar && (cfg_allow_avatar_local || cfg_allow_avatar_remote || cfg_allow_avatar_upload || cfg_allow_avatar_remote_upload)' WHERE module_class = 'ucp' AND module_basename = 'profile' AND module_mode = 'avatar'
. SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'user_points' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (username, username_clean, user_password, user_pass_convert, user_email, user_email_hash, group_id, user_type, user_permissions, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_actkey, user_ip, user_regdate, user_passchg, user_options, user_new, user_inactive_reason, user_inactive_time, user_lastmark, user_lastvisit, user_lastpost_time, user_lastpage, user_posts, user_dst, user_colour, user_occ, user_interests, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_avatar_width, user_avatar_height, user_new_privmsg, user_unread_privmsg, user_last_privmsg, user_message_rules, user_full_folder, user_emailtime, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_notify_type, user_allow_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_allow_viewemail, user_allow_massemail, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_sig_bbcode_bitfield, user_form_salt, user_points) VALUES ('Bing [Bot]', 'bing [bot]', '', 0, '', '00', '6', 2, '', 0, 'D M d, Y g:i a', 'en', '1', '', '', 1297829724, 1297829724, 230271, 0, 0, 0, 1297829724, 0, 0, '', 0, 0, '9E8DA7', '', '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, -3, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, '', '', '', '63295391652b280a', '0.0')

BACKTRACE

LINE: 174

FILE: includes/functions_user.php
LINE: 251

FILE: install/database_update.php
LINE: 1781
CALL: user_add()

FILE: install/database_update.php
LINE: 398
CALL: change_database_data()
also still have this error when i try to post a thread or reply to something
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts (forum_id, poster_id, icon_id, poster_ip, post_time, post_approved, enable_bbcode, enable_smilies, enable_magic_url, enable_sig, post_username, post_subject, post_text, post_checksum, post_attachment, bbcode_bitfield, bbcode_uid, post_postcount, post_edit_locked, topic_id) VALUES (23, 2, 0, '174.25.192.92', 1297829977, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, '', 'test', 'test', '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', 0, '', '1m88s9hh', 1, 0, 32407)

BACKTRACE

LINE: 174

LINE: 1108

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:28 am

Once again, there is no need to do this. Anything in the database not referenced in the files is irrelevant.

Do this:

*NOTE: Before proceeding backup all files and the database.*
  • Delete all files and folders, EXCEPT for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
  • Upload all new files from a download of the full version3.0.8, EXCEPT for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
  • Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
  • Let that run and then delete the install folder.
  • You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts but without any MODs that you might have had installed.

abumslife

Post by abumslife » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:22 am

i did that and it did clean up a couple errors... General Board Version and System Version check are now agreeing with each other saying i have 3.0.8... but when i try to post a new thread, i still get this
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts (forum_id, poster_id, icon_id, poster_ip, post_time, post_approved, enable_bbcode, enable_smilies, enable_magic_url, enable_sig, post_username, post_subject, post_text, post_checksum, post_attachment, bbcode_bitfield, bbcode_uid, post_postcount, post_edit_locked, topic_id) VALUES (19, 2, 0, '174.25.192.92', 1297915853, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, '', 'test', 'test', '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', 0, '', '3e6b2mgm', 1, 0, 32411)

BACKTRACE

LINE: 175

LINE: 1137
and when i look in the category i created a thread in... it shows the thread that errors out and when i click to open the new thread it says "The requested topic does not exist."

abumslife

Post by abumslife » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:56 pm

ok, i have found this
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/doesnt- ... lue-errors

and i'm going through those steps and ran into a new error... i'll have to start a new thread since it doesn't pertain to saving members and posts anymore

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”